GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Phantasy Star"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Phantasy Star Online'.
Sat 07/06/03 at 16:56
Regular
I know this has probably been asked like a hundred times, but how good is the game offline ? Is it worth £30 ? How much play time is there in the game in single player, 'cause with my mates Gamecube is about as popular as SARS, hence it won't ever get played offline multiplayer.

I figure that I can always take it online if I like the game,

So, what does anyone reckon ?
Wed 11/06/03 at 15:19
Regular
"Best Price @ GAME :"
I'm selling my bought in haste Gamecube version and an Xbox one is winging it's way hear from Play :)

How come the GC one gives you 30 days free, when the Xbox one gives you 60 days ? Plus MS have tons of help stuff on their site, whereas Nintendo have like 4 pictures and a review....
Tue 10/06/03 at 18:00
Regular
I'm sure Tiltawhirl has a broadband adapter.
Tue 10/06/03 at 12:12
Regular
Ha! I should have expected this.....it would appear that getting a Broadband adaptor is nigh on impossible.

Amazon, Game, SR, and in Nottingham HMV, GAME, Another World, Virgin, all have none, and expect to get none.

I know I wasn't too bothered about online but I at least wanted the option, looks like I'll be persevering with Live and getting it on the Xbox now, which is a pity as I wanted it for the GC.
Tue 10/06/03 at 10:39
Regular
On another note, any remote ideas - tried EBay - where it is possible to get a broadband adaptor for the Cube ?
Tue 10/06/03 at 09:57
Regular
I wasn't expecting brilliance, just competence.
Mon 09/06/03 at 22:19
Regular
You expect too much from hyped up films. That's your problem. It may seem a disapointment to you at first because your expecting something very special, however it is still special. When you compare it to other films recently released, I say Matrix Reloaded wins hands down.
Mon 09/06/03 at 22:00
Regular
Well, I'll reserve judgement until I see it. The action's got to be amazing though.
Mon 09/06/03 at 09:43
Regular
Yeah, the original was, well, original, but Reloaded lacks the same kind of magic the first held. Too many drawn out boring fight sequences, too much cliche'd philosophy, overall just too much like the first film.

It's like;

First Film: Rescue Morpheus
Second Film: Rescue Keymaker

First Film: Stop Agents
Second Film: Stop ghost things

First Film: Neo dies and returns
Second Film: Trinity dies and returns

Etc.

Crap, in other words. The only bit worth watching is the sequence in the mainframe of the Matrix where Neo meets the creator.
Sat 07/06/03 at 17:04
Regular
Thanks, I'll wait for an Xbox copy then, wondered why there was a copy of the Cube version on eBay for £20.00 that no one had bought.
Sat 07/06/03 at 17:02
Regular
Offline it's about as much fun as getting hit in the face with a sledge hammer.

If you're going online with it, I suggest you go for the Xbox version as it has voice support and also you won't have to buy a BB adaptor.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.