GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"What is you're favourite type of game"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 24/10/01 at 18:50
Regular
I'm doing some research:

So here is the killer question;
What is you're favourite type of game
rpg, racing, beat em up etc, or a desciption of how you like your games e.g bright, lively loud.

Etila
={B}
Thu 25/10/01 at 12:58
Regular
"ur kungfu is no goo"
I quite enjoy RPGs I love games that will take a while to complete and that are story driven, but I also enjoy the games with total originallity like shenmue
Thu 25/10/01 at 09:46
Regular
"Wasting away"
I tend to enjoy stratergy games more then anything, they offer you thousands of hours of gameplay and hundreds of options. Game like Red Alert 2, now with the expansion pack but you could have guarenteed that anyway. The you've got Commandos 2 and boy oh boy, what is there to say about it that Goatboy and I haven't already said? Basically it's a work of art and no one should go without it, all of the possible things to do and all of the weapons and items just give it that longer gameplay, but then you add the difficulty levels and that is how you can play on them for hours.

Another one of mine is the ISS series, ever since the first one on the playstation I've been hooked to this little blighters, and then came along the ISS Pro series which took the world by storm and finally got some attention rather then FIFA's.

Resident Evil and MGS are also some favourites as of the way you play the game, quite hard to explain but you're in command of one character and one character along, there is a great storyline and fast amount of enemies to dispose of. Great fun.
Thu 25/10/01 at 09:33
Regular
"Not your monkey"
I like games where you have freedom to do what the heck you want. Thats why i like the GTA series so much.

Speaking of which - get as much sleep as you can tonight guys because as GTA3 is released tomorrow, i don't think you will get much sleep over the weekend!
Wed 24/10/01 at 20:36
Regular
"Want a cd key.."
Well .. Ooohhh... Erm....

*Thinks*

I like a lot of games, I like pacing games, FPS, 3rdPS, RPG's and just anything good. I dont have a favorite type of genre I just like anything good. Like tetris, that a puzzle game and I dont really "go" for puzzle games, It was just so good damn good.
Wed 24/10/01 at 20:24
I personally like any game thats good.

I love fighting games because I am a big fan of Martial Arts. The beat em ups that did it for me was Dead or Alive 2 and Streets of Rage. I will always remember Streets of Rage, the best scrolling fighter I have played. The only scrolling beat em up of today that comes close to replicating the fun I got from playing this series was Gekido, and the fact that this had a Bruce Lee type character in it made it even better.

I also like playing racing games. I am a big fan of the Gran Turismo series, thinking that the third installment is the best so far. Great Visuals, lovely cars, and an all round great driving experience. I am at the moment looking forward to Burnout on the PS2, mainly because of the fast pace racing and brilliant crashes.

Those are really the main types of games that I like, but anything will appeal to me as long as its good.
Wed 24/10/01 at 19:49
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
I like racers, well, anything that's fast and gets my heartrate up.
Wed 24/10/01 at 18:50
I'm doing some research:

So here is the killer question;
What is you're favourite type of game
rpg, racing, beat em up etc, or a desciption of how you like your games e.g bright, lively loud.

Etila
={B}

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.