GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Xbox Live - The Future?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 09/06/03 at 09:36
Regular
Notorious Biggles wrote:
> Lets face it, a few years ago on here, I would not have been able to
> play against any of you at a console game. But now I can. So Live has
> the ability to bring us closer together, make us more of a community.
> Live over time will make gaming a better place. And the world just got
> a whole lot smaller...

You work for Microsoft Biggles ?

I'd argue the world just got a lot more divided, personally, and larger, not smaller. A criticism of Live is that there is no community, not like on these forums. Sure, we all biatch at each other and stuff, but generally everyone gets along and helps people who want help. Not so on Live.
Sat 14/06/03 at 17:54
"slightlyshortertagl"
Motogp2
Thu 12/06/03 at 18:38
Regular
"Best Price @ GAME :"
I'm not giving up yet, Phantasy Star has been orderd and I'm changing to a router connection for convenience, plus OXM have detailed new changes to the system, such as a lobby chat room, and other stuff.
Thu 12/06/03 at 17:32
Regular
I'll be on Live in about a months time, i'll be getting SOF 2, Wolfenstein and most likely Midtown Madness 3.

I expect to be meeting up with some of you people so I can give you a right royal ass whooping....or maybe the other way round.
Thu 12/06/03 at 14:50
Regular
"TheCoolNerd on Live"
If you're losing faith in Xbox Live then get Phantasy Star Online. This makes for absolutely fantastic online play and is definitely worth the £5.95 a month you have to pay after 60 days.
Mon 09/06/03 at 21:06
Regular
"Oi you- sort it out"
Hadfix's post applies to me too. I'm desperate to get on Live. I would love it and I don't see your problem. Mute people if they are annoying and build a friends list with sound people.

Host games with set ups you like and invite people in from your friends list who you know are good for a laugh and wont muck about. Good online gaming then awaits as far as I can see.

Why don't you use this site as a notice board for live games? Say when you all want to meet up(online) and have a huge SR online Moto GP race or Wolfenstine battle. I can't belive it hasn't been done yet.
Mon 09/06/03 at 09:36
Regular
"Best Price @ GAME :"
Notorious Biggles wrote:
> Lets face it, a few years ago on here, I would not have been able to
> play against any of you at a console game. But now I can. So Live has
> the ability to bring us closer together, make us more of a community.
> Live over time will make gaming a better place. And the world just got
> a whole lot smaller...

You work for Microsoft Biggles ?

I'd argue the world just got a lot more divided, personally, and larger, not smaller. A criticism of Live is that there is no community, not like on these forums. Sure, we all biatch at each other and stuff, but generally everyone gets along and helps people who want help. Not so on Live.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10
Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.