GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"GC controllers"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 09/06/03 at 10:30
Regular
anyone had any problems with theirs??

the "up" direction on the grey analogue stick on mine has given up and gives really minimal performance now, i wouldn't mind but i've had it about 6 months and i didn't have time to play for a lot of the time so it's had hardly any use....

to make it worse, i can't even open it up and fix it cos it uses these odd triange shaped screwheads... anyone know where to get a tool to open these up?
Sun 15/06/03 at 21:14
Regular
"you've got a beard"
Valentino Rossi wrote:
> am getting a Hori pad soon (the Cube
> equivalent of the SNES pad) - can be found on lik-sang.com if your
> interested.

hehe, way ahead of ya :)
Lik-Sang is a quality place. i got one of hte Magic Boxes for the PC, a usb box that lets me use PS1/2, Dreamcast and saturn pads on the pc. SO far it's been a great success, it's worked with all my software (including emulators and Virtua Tennis, which didn't like my "proper" pc pad)
Sun 15/06/03 at 19:54
Regular
TGMbloke wrote:
> I never thought about the D-Pad for Soul Calibar 2 though...mmm,
> perhaps I will get it on XBOX then. No Link but a better D-Pad...damn
> Spwan though. I HATE him!

Mind you our 'friends' at Edge, did rate the GC controller the best of three for Soul Calibur 2.
Sun 15/06/03 at 18:51
"period drama"
GC's pad is best for beat-em-ups because the stick slips into the diagonals very nicely. Saves a lot of annoyances. God bless whoever put that nice octogon around the stick.
Sun 15/06/03 at 18:07
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
I opened mine up with a normal screwdriver. As long as you have the driver in at the right angle it will still work, screws are damn tight though.
Sun 15/06/03 at 12:31
"period drama"
§niper wrote:
> I managed to use a toothpick around the rim of the controller (without
> opening it) where you rest your hands on and found something like
> dried sweat?

Yeah, same here.
All around the outside bit and around the buttons ... not very nice, all crusty whitish stuff. I did that after about 2 years on my PS2 controller - it holds a lorra lorra sweat : )
Sun 15/06/03 at 10:49
Regular
Well they are best for most type of games. Like most people, the major gripe is with the size of the D-Pad - for example there are games where you need to use the d-pad to press fwd-fwd then kick (SC2) or other similar combinations. The other minor problem is it should have had four equal shoulder buttons.
Other than that its still a very good controller, extremely comfortable. Nothing touches the WaveBird.
Sat 14/06/03 at 20:56
Regular
I think GC controllers are the best of the 3 consoles.
Sat 14/06/03 at 19:14
Regular
"Same as above^"
I dropped mine two days after getting it and the rumble feature wouldn't stop running. Took it back next day and got a new one. Was quite funny though.
Sat 14/06/03 at 17:08
Regular
I managed to use a toothpick around the rim of the controller (without opening it) where you rest your hands on and found something like dried sweat?
Sat 14/06/03 at 16:12
Regular
"Dont come here ofte"
I got one in Maplin months ago, take your controller down to a local store (if you have one) and they will find the screwdriver for you. Most helpful.

As much as I like the 'Cube controller I have converted to using my PS2 controller on my 'Cube (SR sell the adaptor also) nice to use one controller on different consoles. Found oriignal controller so difficult to use for Ikaruga, am getting a Hori pad soon (the Cube equivalent of the SNES pad) - can be found on lik-sang.com if your interested.

Very_Metal wrote:
> Microchips wrote:
> You need a tri-wing screwdriver. I have one.
>
>
> www.xyramax.com
>
> I got it for my GBA (before I got my SP) but they're the same
> screws.
>
> .. and thank you too, i'll pick one up
>
> cheers!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.