GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Best Hendrix song?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 24/10/01 at 12:41
Regular
We all know that Jimi Hendrix was the best guitarist, ever. But what was his best song? My personal favorite is Voodo Chile. Jimi wrote it himself, and there are quite a few good covers aswell. For example, a lot of people think that the Stevie Ray Vaughen version is better than the original! The Hamsters version is quite good aswell. For those of you who think I'm talking about little fury rodents in pet shops, The Hamsters are a 3 person rock band who play a lot of Hendrix stuff. "Snail's Pace Slim" plays guitar, with "Reverend Otis Elevator" on drums, and "Ms. Zsa Zsa Poltergiest" on bass. What good is a band if they don't all have stupid stage names?! Anyway, back to Voodo Chile- I think it was written in 1968, but I'm not sure. Jimi wrote it, but was backed by the other two members of The Jimi Hendrix Experience-Noel Redding (Bass), and Mitch Mitchell (Drums). What is your favorite Jimi Hendrix song?
Wed 24/10/01 at 12:41
Regular
"This one goes to 11"
We all know that Jimi Hendrix was the best guitarist, ever. But what was his best song? My personal favorite is Voodo Chile. Jimi wrote it himself, and there are quite a few good covers aswell. For example, a lot of people think that the Stevie Ray Vaughen version is better than the original! The Hamsters version is quite good aswell. For those of you who think I'm talking about little fury rodents in pet shops, The Hamsters are a 3 person rock band who play a lot of Hendrix stuff. "Snail's Pace Slim" plays guitar, with "Reverend Otis Elevator" on drums, and "Ms. Zsa Zsa Poltergiest" on bass. What good is a band if they don't all have stupid stage names?! Anyway, back to Voodo Chile- I think it was written in 1968, but I'm not sure. Jimi wrote it, but was backed by the other two members of The Jimi Hendrix Experience-Noel Redding (Bass), and Mitch Mitchell (Drums). What is your favorite Jimi Hendrix song?
Wed 24/10/01 at 13:27
Regular
"This one goes to 11"
Come on, someone must have a favorite!! Red house, little wing, foxy lady, manic depression, fire, stone free, there are loads to choose from! But which is best!!!!
Wed 24/10/01 at 13:31
Regular
"not dead"
I've always like Cross Town Traffic.

Not sure it's my favourite though.
Wed 24/10/01 at 13:32
Regular
"This one goes to 11"
Good song. The hamster did that one but it sounded crap.
Wed 24/10/01 at 13:33
I think Jimmi's version of "Here we go round the mulberry bush" is my favourite, there's something so very compelling about his rendition.
Wed 24/10/01 at 14:01
Regular
"This one goes to 11"
Rattlesnake3 going into hibernation for 5 days. I'll b bak. Hisssssssss!!
Sun 28/10/01 at 18:44
Regular
"This one goes to 11"
And another thing, is there any of his stuff that sounded better when somebody else did it?

4 xample, some people think Stevie Ray Vaughen played Voodoo Chile better than Jimi did!!

Ur veiws?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.