GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Wakeboarding Unleashed First Impressions!"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Wakeboarding Unleashed'.
Mon 09/06/03 at 19:44
Regular
Just thought I would let you all know what my first impressions are. I don't think it is released until next week but I have got a copy for review from AceGamez. The game is so far living up to what I expected and its great fun to play. The most simple explanation is that it is a Tony Hawks Water Boarding game. The water effects are fantastic and the ripples are created in all directions depending on where your border moves.

There is a customisable soundtrack option which is handy as so far some of the trick events have lasted for quite a long time. Anything from a Tony Hawks game can be performed, even grinding and there is also an option to let go of the rope to do some tricks only to grab the rope back in mid air. Some of the stunts look fantastic and full credit goes to Activision on this one.

Overall I have been very impressed so far and its one for both GameCube owners and Xbox owners to keep their eyes on. I will let you know more as I play it further but for now I would say its a worthy purchase and a great introduction to extreme sports titles!
Mon 09/06/03 at 19:44
Regular
Just thought I would let you all know what my first impressions are. I don't think it is released until next week but I have got a copy for review from AceGamez. The game is so far living up to what I expected and its great fun to play. The most simple explanation is that it is a Tony Hawks Water Boarding game. The water effects are fantastic and the ripples are created in all directions depending on where your border moves.

There is a customisable soundtrack option which is handy as so far some of the trick events have lasted for quite a long time. Anything from a Tony Hawks game can be performed, even grinding and there is also an option to let go of the rope to do some tricks only to grab the rope back in mid air. Some of the stunts look fantastic and full credit goes to Activision on this one.

Overall I have been very impressed so far and its one for both GameCube owners and Xbox owners to keep their eyes on. I will let you know more as I play it further but for now I would say its a worthy purchase and a great introduction to extreme sports titles!
Mon 09/06/03 at 19:54
Regular
AceGamez?
Mon 09/06/03 at 20:05
Regular
Its ok, I know what exams can do to you :)

I review for AceGamez and as long as they are happy with the reviews I get to keep the game. I have kept every game so far and he is a really decent bloke to deal with. Going over Maths at the moment but I will have the review done tomorrow and as soon as the link goes up (should be Friday ish) I will post it so you can see what I thought of the game.
Mon 09/06/03 at 23:35
Regular
Yeah, I review for Ace Gamez too - it was me who told Ali about it actually :D. But it's a good site, despite the majority of reviewers giving games about five marks above their deserved score.
Tue 10/06/03 at 01:09
Regular
This game will be another Kelly Slater Pro Surfer. Great fun at first, but after a few days boredom sets in and you won't wanna play it again.
Wed 11/06/03 at 03:01
"I love yo... lamp."
Well it sounds like it might be worth a go. Got a multiplayer?
Wed 11/06/03 at 09:18
Regular
Yes there is a co-op mode in multiplayer although I haven't tried it out. IGN said the multiplayer was fantastic but I should be able to tell you more about that tomorrow.
Wed 11/06/03 at 20:36
Regular
"Oi you- sort it out"
You lot are all doing the English GCSE board yea? Mine are different.

How are you lot finding the exams? I'm happy enough about how all my papers have gone so far...
Fri 13/06/03 at 23:15
Regular
I have just sent off the review today so if any of you are interested in the game I will post the link of my review once it has been uploaded. The majority of my impressions can be found within the review but I will add a few now.

The best way to think of the game is Tony Hawks on water. However I actually prefer it to the Tony Hakws games. The image of bands like 'Slip Knot' and the whole dirty teenagers/rockers that was associated with Skateboarding completley put me off the Tony Hakws series. Its a shame that I could let something so petty ruin what I would class as a fantastic sports series.

The tricks are very easy to pull off but as you would imagine the harder tricks require a hefty amount of practice and knowledge of the environments and Xbox controller. The enviornments are superb and although they don't always look fantastic they are very well designed and so far they have all looked completley different to their predecessor.

In the co-op mode one of you controls the boat and the other controls the boarder. I can honestly say that I haven't had as much multiplayer fun since the Mario Kart series and I can't praise it with enough credit to do it justice.

A superb game to pick up for the summer because the life span is absolutley massive and with 7 characters to play through with and the additional multiplayer modes (including co-op) it will last you for a LONG time.

I will let you know when the review is uploaded as peopel who are interested can get a bigger insight into the game.
Fri 13/06/03 at 23:23
Regular
"Oi you- sort it out"
I don't think there has ever been slipknot in Tony Hawks games. I'm not a sk8er boi or anything but I enjoy the music and style of the Birdman and his cru.

I'll have to look into Wakeboarding if its in a similar vein.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.