GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The Simpsons"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 24/10/01 at 09:58
Regular
Every where you turn these days, a yellow skined cartoon character is staring at you, with the big eyes.

you wake up in the morning switch on your tv and its either the simpsons or an advert for it. you go out into town and deside to grab a burger at burger king, only to find a homer simpson toy nested between your burger and fries.after your burger you go into a games shop and sitting there on the shelf is simpsons pc , gameboy and playstation games aswel as posters for new games and magazine covers featuring them.the next shop you visit is woolworths as soon as you walk into the door your confronted not by a happy helpful member of staff but a giant cardboard cut out advitising the new simpsons video or DVD. as you roam further into the shop you find loads of simpsons videos , underwear , t-shirts, books, cds, clocks , radios, every thing.

and the worst thing of all :
I LIKE IT.

its kind of unbelievable when you think about it.all this hype, merchendise, publisty from want set out to be a short cartoon schetch on the tracy ulman show just over 10 years ago.

just over 10 years ago there was this US fox hit comedy sketch show, the tracy ulman show.
they went to the creaor of the simpsons matt groaning and asked him to come up with an idea for a short 5 min cartoon sketch on the show.matt was contenplating about using his previous news paper comic strip life in hell but at the last minute drew up 5 characters, a dad , a mum , a son , a daughter and a little baby - the simpsons.
fox loved it and so did the audience. Te very first one of these episodes is an extra feature on the simpsons DVD, some other episodes featured on a special episode of the simpsons, and every single one is available for download of the internet.

in 1990 the simpsons were given there own christmas special which lasted for 22 minuites.
which was soon followed by a prime time series.This episode was called the simpsons rosting on an open fire, but was often reffered to as the simpsons christmas special.

Over here in the uk a resenably new style of tv had been launched - sky tv.
even though it was an improvement on teresteral tv it didnt have any show that made sky a must have.
But then the simpsons struck the satelight dish like a bolt of yellow lightning. now there was a reasen to get sky and that reasen was the simpsons.

now that a large number of people had seen and experienced the simpsons,they brought out the merchendise.
toys , videos , badges etc.

as time whent by although the characters never aged (much), the show had clearly aged, it had become more inteligent and wity it became an adult cartoon which children could also enjoy.

then we heard the news that the BBC had signed an agreement an paid a lot of D'OH to get the simpsons.
but from the first series, while sky were around the 6th or 7th series.

now everyone knew and loved the simpsons.
this is when they started to take control.

as viewers young and old were fans of the show they had lots of marketing options.

for the younger viewers - toys , teddies , stickers , pajamers,pez machines and loads more.

for older viewers - ties, boxers, animation cells , car accesories and more

for every one - videos, cds, books and computer games.

Many cartoons have set out to be the next simpsons and have failed.there was beavis and butt head , family guy , king of the hill, south park and daria.
but one has come close it will never take over simpsons but its close.it is called futurama. thats right the cartton from matt groaning the crator of the simpsons about a pizza guy who was frozen in time for 1000 years.

Here is my opinions on some of the simpsons want to be's:

South Park - Crude, rude, and funny.sure the animation is messy, and it doesnt have the kind of charm that the simpsons has,but still it has some great characters and funny stories.its even had a movie which became a record braker for most swear words in a film, i forger the number,but i think its 300 and something.

Family Guy - You have to love it dont you? this show actualy managed to capture, the bullet speed wit, charm and hilarious gags of the simpsons and use them to their advantage. if your a fan of spoof movies like hot shots and airplane then you will like this show.actualy you wont like it, you will love it as its basiacly a cartoonspoof, hitting the likes of road runner, charly and the chocolate factory and so many more.

Beavis and Butthead - The old episodes wernt that good, but the newer ones and the movie were brillient.the only dig i have at it is the music videos that pop up every 5 or so minuites.somthimes these videos are good, and the guys make funny coments about them,but other videos are lame and all b&b can do is rock their heads.

But what is it we like so much about the simpsons.
I think its just the fact that its pure whit and has the best characters ever.the show isnt just about the main family, homer, marge, lisa, maggie and their pets, oh no, its about the whole town of springfeild and all its inhabitants. the shop owner, the vicar, the school principal, the bar tender and the power plants boss.you cant forget the people behind the voices of the characters either, the voice talents are amazing, each having loads of characters to voice.sometimes they have to have a conversation or argument with them self, using different accents. it also has fantastic writers some of which have worked on many a hit comedy tv show and movie.
and its got something for every one young and old , male or femal , yellow or not yellow.

What does the future hold for the simpsons?

well in terms of tv 2 more seasens have been signed and im confident that there will be more to follow.

the voice talents are getting a hefty pay rise

the executive produce, mike scully has been demoted as he has been steering the show more at kids latly as he has a boy and a girl.

new simpsons video , the simpsons backstage pass out soon which features some amazing episodes including:

Homerpalooza - homer takes bart and lisa to a music festival, then desides to join a traveling freak chow and have a cannon shot at his stomach

A tale of two springfeilds - the town is split into two when a new area code is introduced to one half of springfeild. homer becomes the mayor of new springfeild and stills the music band, the who away from the others.

New kids on the belch - bart, milhouse, nelso and ralph start a boy band. this is nwo a rare episode as it will not be shown on tv again, due to recent events.

The otto show - bart goes to a rock concert which soon turns into a free for all frenzy, after which he wants to become a rockstar so gets his parents to buy him an eletric guitar.otto is late for school and causes a crash when he was too busy playing on barts guitar.otto is suspended from driving the school bus unless he gets a license so he stays at home with the simpsons while he learns, as its thanks to them that he was suspended.

the simpsons have just laned on DVD, and will be back soon with a series 2 dvd collection,which you dont want to miss.

matt groanings other cartoon futurama is coming to video and dvd soon aswell

a movie is being planned and the cast have agreed to it, and other movies if this is a succes.the production is rumoured to start next summer.

and you can also espect loads of new merchedise including:

Interactive talking toys

christmas sweets and gifts

next generation console games

trading cards

mobile phone covers

new haloween burger king toys

and so much more, it could turn you yellow.

WOO-HOO

Thanks for reading
Cdouch
Wed 24/10/01 at 09:58
Regular
"Vote For Pedro"
Every where you turn these days, a yellow skined cartoon character is staring at you, with the big eyes.

you wake up in the morning switch on your tv and its either the simpsons or an advert for it. you go out into town and deside to grab a burger at burger king, only to find a homer simpson toy nested between your burger and fries.after your burger you go into a games shop and sitting there on the shelf is simpsons pc , gameboy and playstation games aswel as posters for new games and magazine covers featuring them.the next shop you visit is woolworths as soon as you walk into the door your confronted not by a happy helpful member of staff but a giant cardboard cut out advitising the new simpsons video or DVD. as you roam further into the shop you find loads of simpsons videos , underwear , t-shirts, books, cds, clocks , radios, every thing.

and the worst thing of all :
I LIKE IT.

its kind of unbelievable when you think about it.all this hype, merchendise, publisty from want set out to be a short cartoon schetch on the tracy ulman show just over 10 years ago.

just over 10 years ago there was this US fox hit comedy sketch show, the tracy ulman show.
they went to the creaor of the simpsons matt groaning and asked him to come up with an idea for a short 5 min cartoon sketch on the show.matt was contenplating about using his previous news paper comic strip life in hell but at the last minute drew up 5 characters, a dad , a mum , a son , a daughter and a little baby - the simpsons.
fox loved it and so did the audience. Te very first one of these episodes is an extra feature on the simpsons DVD, some other episodes featured on a special episode of the simpsons, and every single one is available for download of the internet.

in 1990 the simpsons were given there own christmas special which lasted for 22 minuites.
which was soon followed by a prime time series.This episode was called the simpsons rosting on an open fire, but was often reffered to as the simpsons christmas special.

Over here in the uk a resenably new style of tv had been launched - sky tv.
even though it was an improvement on teresteral tv it didnt have any show that made sky a must have.
But then the simpsons struck the satelight dish like a bolt of yellow lightning. now there was a reasen to get sky and that reasen was the simpsons.

now that a large number of people had seen and experienced the simpsons,they brought out the merchendise.
toys , videos , badges etc.

as time whent by although the characters never aged (much), the show had clearly aged, it had become more inteligent and wity it became an adult cartoon which children could also enjoy.

then we heard the news that the BBC had signed an agreement an paid a lot of D'OH to get the simpsons.
but from the first series, while sky were around the 6th or 7th series.

now everyone knew and loved the simpsons.
this is when they started to take control.

as viewers young and old were fans of the show they had lots of marketing options.

for the younger viewers - toys , teddies , stickers , pajamers,pez machines and loads more.

for older viewers - ties, boxers, animation cells , car accesories and more

for every one - videos, cds, books and computer games.

Many cartoons have set out to be the next simpsons and have failed.there was beavis and butt head , family guy , king of the hill, south park and daria.
but one has come close it will never take over simpsons but its close.it is called futurama. thats right the cartton from matt groaning the crator of the simpsons about a pizza guy who was frozen in time for 1000 years.

Here is my opinions on some of the simpsons want to be's:

South Park - Crude, rude, and funny.sure the animation is messy, and it doesnt have the kind of charm that the simpsons has,but still it has some great characters and funny stories.its even had a movie which became a record braker for most swear words in a film, i forger the number,but i think its 300 and something.

Family Guy - You have to love it dont you? this show actualy managed to capture, the bullet speed wit, charm and hilarious gags of the simpsons and use them to their advantage. if your a fan of spoof movies like hot shots and airplane then you will like this show.actualy you wont like it, you will love it as its basiacly a cartoonspoof, hitting the likes of road runner, charly and the chocolate factory and so many more.

Beavis and Butthead - The old episodes wernt that good, but the newer ones and the movie were brillient.the only dig i have at it is the music videos that pop up every 5 or so minuites.somthimes these videos are good, and the guys make funny coments about them,but other videos are lame and all b&b can do is rock their heads.

But what is it we like so much about the simpsons.
I think its just the fact that its pure whit and has the best characters ever.the show isnt just about the main family, homer, marge, lisa, maggie and their pets, oh no, its about the whole town of springfeild and all its inhabitants. the shop owner, the vicar, the school principal, the bar tender and the power plants boss.you cant forget the people behind the voices of the characters either, the voice talents are amazing, each having loads of characters to voice.sometimes they have to have a conversation or argument with them self, using different accents. it also has fantastic writers some of which have worked on many a hit comedy tv show and movie.
and its got something for every one young and old , male or femal , yellow or not yellow.

What does the future hold for the simpsons?

well in terms of tv 2 more seasens have been signed and im confident that there will be more to follow.

the voice talents are getting a hefty pay rise

the executive produce, mike scully has been demoted as he has been steering the show more at kids latly as he has a boy and a girl.

new simpsons video , the simpsons backstage pass out soon which features some amazing episodes including:

Homerpalooza - homer takes bart and lisa to a music festival, then desides to join a traveling freak chow and have a cannon shot at his stomach

A tale of two springfeilds - the town is split into two when a new area code is introduced to one half of springfeild. homer becomes the mayor of new springfeild and stills the music band, the who away from the others.

New kids on the belch - bart, milhouse, nelso and ralph start a boy band. this is nwo a rare episode as it will not be shown on tv again, due to recent events.

The otto show - bart goes to a rock concert which soon turns into a free for all frenzy, after which he wants to become a rockstar so gets his parents to buy him an eletric guitar.otto is late for school and causes a crash when he was too busy playing on barts guitar.otto is suspended from driving the school bus unless he gets a license so he stays at home with the simpsons while he learns, as its thanks to them that he was suspended.

the simpsons have just laned on DVD, and will be back soon with a series 2 dvd collection,which you dont want to miss.

matt groanings other cartoon futurama is coming to video and dvd soon aswell

a movie is being planned and the cast have agreed to it, and other movies if this is a succes.the production is rumoured to start next summer.

and you can also espect loads of new merchedise including:

Interactive talking toys

christmas sweets and gifts

next generation console games

trading cards

mobile phone covers

new haloween burger king toys

and so much more, it could turn you yellow.

WOO-HOO

Thanks for reading
Cdouch
Wed 24/10/01 at 09:59
Regular
"Vote For Pedro"
WOW, i wrote a lot!

when your intrested in something you can just write and write about it for ages.
Wed 24/10/01 at 10:13
Regular
"Vote For Pedro"
So...

Whats your favourite episode?

Who's your favourite character?
Wed 24/10/01 at 11:34
Ah good a shorter post I can be anused to read and reply to!

Hmmm...

Favourite character: Homer / Monty Burns

Favourite episode: The one were Santas little helper gets a chick and has puppies, but purely because of Burns' "See my vest" song!
Wed 24/10/01 at 11:37
Regular
"It goes so quickly"
Homer :o).
Wed 24/10/01 at 12:12
Regular
"Vote For Pedro"
my favourite episode - ??? i dont know, theres so many. possible the one where homers a boxer or the one with fank grimes ( homers enemy)

favourite character:

family member - homer
non family member - i have a couple, lenny and carl, moe, barney, apu and ralph
Wed 24/10/01 at 12:18
Regular
"This one goes to 11"
What about Apu's 20 second party!!! That was brilliant.
Wed 24/10/01 at 13:30
Regular
"ur kungfu is no goo"
Favourite episode: the ice hocky one.
But I thought they had stopped making new episodes?
Wed 24/10/01 at 13:36
Regular
"This one goes to 11"
Course they ain't!!! They're still making them.
Wed 24/10/01 at 14:31
Regular
"ur kungfu is no goo"
yeah about a year back around the 200 episode, sky one were saying that the last simpsons was being done around then??.
Ok it took me a year to find out I was wrong, but its cool!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan
Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.