GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Good stuff for importers"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 10/06/03 at 12:09
Regular
Goblin do a membership thing now.

£25 a year, and you save about £6 from every game you buy.

For example, Def Jam Vendetta.

Normal price £42.99 + £4 off voucher if you pre-order, £2 off voucher if you buy it once it is released.

Member price £32.99

I'll probably use it, you only have to buy about 4 games in a year to get your money back, and there's at least about 15 I want before Christmas.
Wed 11/06/03 at 00:00
Regular
They are an oddity.

My first order with them took 3 weeks to arrive and they didn't respond to my e-mails.

Every other order since then has arrived in 2-3 days and their customer service actually does something now.
Tue 10/06/03 at 23:56
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
Ive found Goblin to be excellent.
Tue 10/06/03 at 20:32
Regular
"everyone says it"
Its true, they are run by 16 year olds who are idiots.

Or something.
Tue 10/06/03 at 20:28
Regular
"Best Price @ GAME :"
I used Goblin once, and that was the last time.

Ordered Animal Crossing and Resident Evil, both US imports. Both were in stock.

Waited a week, no games, no contact.

Emailed them. Get told that Resident Evil is a)not in stock b)not on sale at the price it was when I bought it c)I could have had it at that price if they had any in stock. Animal Crossing is in stock though, and they'll refund the money taken for Resident Evil. Animal Crossing was going to be posted out.

So I check their site, and oh look Resident Evil is in stock, but now £30.00 more than when I ordered.

A week later animal crossing turns up, craply packaged in a plastic bag. Check my credit card statement, and surprise surprise no refund yet. Email them, and they refund it.

Goblin suck, I've not seen such an incompetent company before.
Tue 10/06/03 at 20:11
Regular
Maverick42 wrote:
Go with them if you don't mind
> waiting a couple of weeks for things to arrive.

That wouldn't be many. :)

In most cases, I wouldn't mind paying a few extra quid for swift delivery.
Tue 10/06/03 at 18:04
Regular
DVD Box Office are cheap and reliable. Go with them if you don't mind waiting a couple of weeks for things to arrive.
Tue 10/06/03 at 14:53
Regular
I was just thinking the same thing...
Tue 10/06/03 at 12:27
Regular
"everyone says it"
Meh, Goblin were evil fools with my order.

Anyways, they are doing that so they get money before they get shut down :P
Tue 10/06/03 at 12:26
Regular
No.

I've bought 7 games from them since Christmas, with two more on the way and a tenth pre-ordered.

Look at the 'ouch' topic to see how many games I will be buying from them upto Christmas.
Tue 10/06/03 at 12:16
Regular
"Long time no see!"
£25-a-year, when you're only really likely to import 2 - maybe 3 - games each year.... Does it really seem worth it?

And besdies, I've heard bad things about Goblin, and their unreliabillity.

And even if you buy several games off them, I reckon a £6-per-game saving would, eventually, work-out at about the same price-to-pay even if you didn't pay the £25 each-yeay. ....If that makes any sense?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.