GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Compelled"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 23/10/01 at 21:03
Regular
What compels you to play games? Is there anything that you do that makes you want to play a game?

Let's take football games for example. Your sitting there watching a footy match on TV, and it turns out to be a cracking match. Once the match has finished, do you suddenly think,"After that, I want to play ISS". I know that this sometimes happens to me.
It's the same with other sports as well. If you just happen to be watching wrestling, and the matches turn out to be really good, like the ladder match between Edge and Christian on No Mercy, do you suddenly feel like playing Smackdown 1 or 2.

What about when your watching films?
This actually happened to me today. I went to watch Jeepers Creepers, which turned out to be an alright film, and while watching, I really felt like playing Resident Evil or Silent Hill. The events in Jeepers Creepers seemed to make me want to play them.
And when I watch a Bruce Lee, Jackie Chan or Jet Lee film, I get the urge to play Dead or Alive 2 and be Jann Lee.

And what about when you are actually doing something like playing football, or reading about future games. Do these make you want to play games?
Your reading about Tekken 4, does this make you want to play any of the previous Tekkens?
I bet Nintendo fans are out there reading about Gamecube, and then wanting to play a similar game on the N64 or just making you want the Gamecube even more.

Is this the same with others?

Also, does the same thing happen but with games that haven't been released yet. For example, while I was watching No Mercy, not only did I want to play Smackdown 2, I wanted Smackdown 3 to be out. and even reading about Smackdown 3 make me want it even more. Reading about all of the available matches and moves just makes me want to play it.

Does this happen with anybody else?
Thu 25/10/01 at 18:32
Such violence. I'd do the same, probably, if I had the game.
Thu 25/10/01 at 16:22
Regular
"Wasting away"
I find that after murdering over a hundred Nazis on Commandos 2, either by slitting their throats, throwing knives at them, shooting them, laying mines or traps for them, I get the sudden urge to go and murder someone. MWHAHAHAHAHAHA. Murder someone in MGS of course though :)
Thu 25/10/01 at 13:04
Regular
"ur kungfu is no goo"
Id like to see Krillin Vs. Hurcule, as Krillin is my favourite DBZ character, Just as I was typing just saw new dbz advert on cartoon network with cohan training gotan, cohan annoys ma with the whole saiyaman thing.
Wed 24/10/01 at 21:18
Regular
You wouldn't think that the worlds strongest man could be so insecure...

He also worries about Videl a little much.

Ofcourse he see's Hercule as weak after the escapades with Cell because the "wrestler type" load mouth wouldn't even stand the slightest chance against Raditz (I remember when he used to look strong...)

Compared to your average human though, Hercule is pretty strong.

And when did Gohan lose the ability to out run people's helecopters by speed?

If Raditz could move faster than the speed of light...
Wed 24/10/01 at 15:28
The Genyu Force are a bit funny aren't they. And just when you think they are gone, Gohan tries to act like them.
Wed 24/10/01 at 14:05
Regular
"ur kungfu is no goo"
the ginyu force are funny guys, a red alien with a scouse accent, where do they come up with that stuff
Tue 23/10/01 at 22:29
Goldeneye, Goldeneye, Goldeneye. It was the only reason (at first) why I wanted to buy an N64. Then, later on when The World Is Not Enough was released, I just had to watch the film before playing the game.
Tue 23/10/01 at 21:47
Tell me about it. I want to know who wrote the story and ask him why.
Funnily enough, I thought exactly the same thing about the Genyu force.
Well, it can't get any worse.
Tue 23/10/01 at 21:09
Regular
I found tha Starwars films made me want to play games like Rogue Squadron (although I didn't have the game) and that Starwars arcade by Sega too.

By the way, talking about TV shows, you should gather up with Hercule and find that frog Ginyu.

That's right, with all your poncey poses and speeches, Mr Sayainman, you should go restart the Ginyu force!

:-D

Lol
Tue 23/10/01 at 21:03
What compels you to play games? Is there anything that you do that makes you want to play a game?

Let's take football games for example. Your sitting there watching a footy match on TV, and it turns out to be a cracking match. Once the match has finished, do you suddenly think,"After that, I want to play ISS". I know that this sometimes happens to me.
It's the same with other sports as well. If you just happen to be watching wrestling, and the matches turn out to be really good, like the ladder match between Edge and Christian on No Mercy, do you suddenly feel like playing Smackdown 1 or 2.

What about when your watching films?
This actually happened to me today. I went to watch Jeepers Creepers, which turned out to be an alright film, and while watching, I really felt like playing Resident Evil or Silent Hill. The events in Jeepers Creepers seemed to make me want to play them.
And when I watch a Bruce Lee, Jackie Chan or Jet Lee film, I get the urge to play Dead or Alive 2 and be Jann Lee.

And what about when you are actually doing something like playing football, or reading about future games. Do these make you want to play games?
Your reading about Tekken 4, does this make you want to play any of the previous Tekkens?
I bet Nintendo fans are out there reading about Gamecube, and then wanting to play a similar game on the N64 or just making you want the Gamecube even more.

Is this the same with others?

Also, does the same thing happen but with games that haven't been released yet. For example, while I was watching No Mercy, not only did I want to play Smackdown 2, I wanted Smackdown 3 to be out. and even reading about Smackdown 3 make me want it even more. Reading about all of the available matches and moves just makes me want to play it.

Does this happen with anybody else?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.