GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"nintendo just don't try hard enough!!!"

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 09/07/00 at 23:26
Regular
the only reason that nintendo didn't suceed with the n64 and won't suceed with the doplhin/starcube (what's up with that name???) is because they don't try hard enough. they stated in the past that they have no intention on 'fighting' sony. but sony are really competitive against everyone and that is why the ps2 will be the most popular.

ps. a message to all the psx owners: don't bother with the arguement that the n64 has not enough games - it has over 320! even though the psx has 10 million (sarcasm!) who is ever going to buy over 300 games?????????
Sun 09/07/00 at 23:26
the only reason that nintendo didn't suceed with the n64 and won't suceed with the doplhin/starcube (what's up with that name???) is because they don't try hard enough. they stated in the past that they have no intention on 'fighting' sony. but sony are really competitive against everyone and that is why the ps2 will be the most popular.

ps. a message to all the psx owners: don't bother with the arguement that the n64 has not enough games - it has over 320! even though the psx has 10 million (sarcasm!) who is ever going to buy over 300 games?????????
Wed 12/07/00 at 13:22
Regular
"IT'S ALIVE!!"
I really hate it when single minded playstation owners try their hardest to bring together a single ounce of bad information on Nintendo, well some people do but you didn't.
The reason why Sony was more successfull than nintendo was because it came out a whole year before the N64! this was giving them a great new era from crummy Commadore 64's and Amiga's excellent PCs, If the N64 was bought out at the same time Sony would have lost a huge amount of money and their reputation would have been stained with a shameful mark!
By the way before I continue, `EDGY` a member of this site found out that the Playstation was designed by Nintendo, it wasn't made by them! you can tell this because the components are cheap and break after some years of useage!!! whereas the n64 has been going strong for a very long time now, no one complains about them breaking because it never happens, I have 4 mates with N64s and 5 with PSXs, 3 of the playstations have been broken, the other 2 are never played on, the N64 have had loads of use because we always play 4 player games on them until late at night and until early in the morning very regulary! Sony chose to spend your money on advertising and corrupting good tv programmes!! where ever you look there is a Sony PS advert! in my last Hip hop mag there was a Sony Skatboard park advert! and a couple of Fridays ago there was more than 25 mins of a 30 min game show advertising Sony's ps2!!! at big football matches there is always a banner with Playstation.com written on it, it's everywhere, all the millions of games that are produced are all the same, there is no originality, and if there is an excellnt game on the N64 that sells to every owner then Sony try it out, but fails miserably! for example: Goldeneye(everyone with an n64 has it) Tommorow never Dies on the PS was a complete faliure, every Playstation owner still thought it was alright because they're too stubborn to say differently!!!!

On to the next Gen systems, the PS2 has already been released in Japan, they were very excited but the systems got called back quickly because something was wrong(not surprising) the games are very bad, since Sony has made all this money from the original PS wouldn't you have though that there would be more than one good game for it?? and yes I know MGS2 is coming out! yeah right, it won't be here in 2001, so it's really unlikely that it'll be here in 2002!! that's all Sony owners can say......"MGS is better than Goldeneye" when they realise it's not they say, "well MGS2 will beat Perfect Dark's aris"
i'm sorry to be the one to tell you, but if you think that Sony is better than Nintnendo then you really need that transplant that your Mum and Dad wanted you to have, but they can't afford it because you got ripped off £400 for your Playstation, and are soon going to be mugged for your £300 to pay for a black box that plugs into yout TV!
Thu 13/07/00 at 01:46
At last there is someone out there who thinks the same as me. I wish the consumer would wake up to the fact that sony are more interested in quantity rather than quality. Nintendo have been known for there delays but when they deliver you know that you are getting a class A product. No one can and no one will make games better than Nintendo. Its just a shame no one has woken up to the fact that the PS and know the PS2 have a library of average games. Talking from experience as I have owned a PS and a N64, taking the launch titles of the N64 for example, i.e. Mario 64, Mariokart 64 and Goldeneye, out of the 1000+ games of the PS I haven't played anything that even comes close to any of these games. PS is the console for the EA FIFA player, as everyone knows, its a rubbish game but sells by the bucket load - much like the PS. I just hope that Nintendo get there act sorted out with the Dolphin and get the machine out soon, or else it may be to late and it may be relegated to a few claas A in house titles and crappy PS2 conversions. Cheers
Sanj
Thu 13/07/00 at 14:58
Regular
"IT'S ALIVE!!"
Yeah loads of people that own N64s have been talking for sometime now about the average PS game, I think it's a waste of time making a game that takes less than 3 hours to complete! imagine, you spend 2 years of your life making an excellent game that will make a surge of people queue up outside shops for ages at early hours of the morning until they get their mits on a copy, the buyers then take the game back to their house and switch it on only to complete it before dinner. I havn't got one game that has taken me less than a week of constant gameplay, Extreme g took the least amount of time, but if you play it you will find that it's just another Acclaim flop. Zelda took a day or two short of a week to complete, and i'm sure now I have perfect dark I will not be let down.
Thu 13/07/00 at 17:28
Yeah, Fogmaster, that may be true, but there are a lot of people who spend time on the games figuring every little thing out.

I know someone who has had Zelda since the day it came out, and he has just passed The Water Temple. You may think 'God, he's crap at games' but that isn't the case. If you are playing on say Zelda, and you just do the bear essentials needed to complete it, then fine. But this person finds every single last thing on the game before even moving into the next room!

As well, once you complete a game, you should go back and find anything you missed, for real enjoyment of it.

Yes, I can complete Zelda in a day without dying, but that doesn't necersarily mean I'm the best at it.

When I first played Zelda, however, I found it incredibly hard, and it was difficult to know what was what.

Obviously, you spend a little too much time playing the video games, if you complain about completing them in three hours. If you ask me, if you're going to complain, just don't buy it.

Simple as that.
Thu 13/07/00 at 18:16
Regular
"IT'S ALIVE!!"
The reason i don't buy these games is because they are so bad, i play N64 games alot but have better things to be doing when there isn't a good new game to be beaten, i have nearly completed Zelda, I have 87 scutulas and I only need 1 more heart. Sony's a good console but I really think that completing a game in less than a day is a bit crap, if you complete it twice then you loose intrest in it, you have to search through the same old levels trying to find a measly little item. e.g. Residenet Evil, after I had completed this game for my 3rd time I realised that i could run around every enemy except for the boss but they're easy if you have loads of ammo. and you even given a new weapon to beat him with so you can almost do it without 1 shot of your collected ammo and guns. It's immpossible to complete Goldeneye without shooting.
Fri 14/07/00 at 16:32
Way back when I had a game boy, I didn't get much pocket money and was paid extorsionately small quantities of money for washing the car and things like that. I had been saving for a long time to get Mario Land, and after getting it home at about 7pm I had finished it before my not very late bed time. After spending so long saving for it it was such a let down, and the store wouldn't let me return it, so it was back to Alleyway. Which was pants.

So now I've learned my lesson, to be careful with my money, even now when I can afford games a lot more frequently, I know that upwards of £40 is such a waste for something that'll keep you entertained for little longer than the weekend.
Sun 16/07/00 at 02:26
I also agree with you. Face it Playstation lovers. You waisted your money. Granted, Playstation has a few good titles, but that still doesn't account for the other crap they sell. I will definetely try my best to get a Dolphin ASAP! Playstation 2 just doesn't interest me. And it's true, my ps broke within months! A chip just burnt up. I didn't even play it much. luckily it was a free gift. I haven't had a single problem with my N64.

The games are better, too. THe first time I played SM64 I was amazed!
I hurriedly got an N64. And another thing. All the Nintendo Dissers have no grounds to their complaints. They say things like "N64 sucks." None of them have reason for saying it though.

I'll compare Perfect Dark with Medal of Honor (ps). They said Medal of Honor has everything Perfect Dark has. PD just adds extra shine to it. Fact:They're way, way off. Fact: They just admitted PD is better. Nintendo rules, period.
Tue 01/08/00 at 17:28
Regular
"Back in black"
YOU ARE SO RIGHT. WHAT HHAVE SONY GOT THAT IS EVEN HALF AS GOOD AS PERFECT DARK, ZELDA, GOLDENEYE......ETC. THE TRUTH OF THE MATTER IS THAT PSX HAVE ABOUT A MILLION PANTS GAMES AND A COUPLE OF DECENT ONES WHILST NINTENDO HAVE ONE HELL OF A GOOD RANGE OF GREAT TITLES. PSX FANS SAY THERE IS MORE PLAYSATION VAREITY BUT THEY HAVEN'T GOT ANY SPECIAL GAMES LIKE PERFECT DARK AND ZELDA SO DIDDIN THE N64 IS GETTING FAR TOO OLD.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.