GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Gameaday notice - please read"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 23/10/01 at 17:46
Regular
From now on, anyone wishing to claim a Gameaday prize MUST choose a game we have in our current database. Unfortunately, this means NO more Gamecube games for now. Up until when we have Gamecube games in our database (closer to the UK release), you won't be able to choose them as your prizes. This is due to the fact we don't know how much the Gamecube games are going to cost, and don't want to break the bank forking out money for you lot every day (not that we don't already ;p)

Anyone who has already claimed a Gamecube game can keep their claim, but you, won't be able to claim any more. We'll update you on the situation when we know more about pricing and stuff. It doesn't mean you won't be able to claim them when they're released, just not now.

Thanks for your time.

Ali
Thu 25/10/01 at 14:21
Regular
"You've upset me"
Mr.Snuggly wrote:
Yes and No, respectively.

Fair enough ;-D
Thu 25/10/01 at 14:12
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
Mystique wrote:
> Stephen Allred wrote:

PS at release they should be about £45-
> £50

thats not definate

Thats true but it seems like a reasonable guesstimate.
Thu 25/10/01 at 13:54
Regular
Stephen Allred wrote:

PS at release they should be about £45- £50

thats not definate
Thu 25/10/01 at 12:50
Regular
"Fishing For Reddies"
lol
Thu 25/10/01 at 09:27
Regular
"Back from the dead!"
Compliments on your tagline there, Mr Snuggly... Very original

:)
Thu 25/10/01 at 09:21
Regular
"TheShiznit.co.uk"
RastaBillySkank wrote:
> Just one question I have:

If I've already claimed a GameCube game, but I want
> to change that to ANOTHER GameCube game, can I?

And on the same note, if it's
> out in your database on a different format can you still claim it for GameCube?
> (eyeing up Tony Hawks 3...)

Yes and No, respectively.
Thu 25/10/01 at 09:18
Regular
"Back from the dead!"
GC discs will be more expensive than any other system as usual, because of Nintendo's anti piracy shenannegans.

The N64 games were more expensive because the cartridges were only available from Nintendo, and for every copy of the game sold a cart had to be bought from them by the publisher at £7 each (even in bulk). This forced the price of the games up, as the publishers had to make the same amount of profit as the other format publishers to stay competitive.

The new discs that the GC use are only available from Nintendo, and will have to be specially made. The publishers will have to buy them again, and the prices will be high again.
Wed 24/10/01 at 16:55
Regular
Hmmm Gamecube £200 i will put money on 175 aboiut £25 nah i think it will be around £160 bt it is bigger so more VAT erm £175 probably who knows.
Wed 24/10/01 at 16:34
Regular
"Digging!"
damn you at SR!!

i was gunna try and make a really good post and win one

PS at release they should be about £45- £50
Wed 24/10/01 at 16:19
Regular
"Fishing For Reddies"
The Gamecube will be £200 - Definitely!

I don't have any inside informatio or anything, but it isn't the same as the Multi-Region, Cheaper, GBA.

I'd pay £200 or even £300, but I don't think we'll be so lucky as to only have to fork out £150 - £170!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.