GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"And you just know you've got a date with that tree..."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 23/10/01 at 16:11
Regular
Come on ssxpro, you know what Iím talking about, weíve both been there. Merqery City, the bridge over the river, shortcut to the left of it, bust a Double Rodeo 720 Unethical Experimental, only land straight into that bloody tree every single time.

The game Iím talking about is of course, SSX, but thatís beside the point. Why do developers see the need to be evil to us? Theyíve got a habit of putting things in the most evil places, such as that tree in SSX and that (now extinct) section in the old SS Route 11 where thereís road works in the middle of the course. Do they purposefully try to annoy us?
Fri 26/10/01 at 09:03
Regular
Turbonutter wrote:
> Come on ssxpro, you know what Iím talking about, weíve both been there. Merqery
> City, the bridge over the river, shortcut to the left of it, bust a Double Rodeo
> 720 Unethical Experimental, only land straight into that bloody tree every
> single time.

Is that the short cut that takes you to an orange snowflake, and over the frozen stream just before the sewer system? Or do you mean the huge bridge down the bottom with the two large jumps, and a yellow single snowflake? Sorry I`m not getting that bit :-)

The game Iím talking about is of course, SSX, but thatís beside
> the point. Why do developers see the need to be evil to us? Theyíve got a habit
> of putting things in the most evil places, such as that tree in SSX and that
> (now extinct) section in the old SS Route 11 where thereís road works in the
> middle of the course.

Now that, I do remember! It took ages to get the hang of! There was an S11 endurance race in GT2 I think, and I must have crashed into that a dozen times! When you get past it its such a great feeling!

>Do they purposefully try to annoy us?

Dunno really. Some things do annoy, but when its that S11 track, Its a nice challenge, and adds to the game in a positive way. Never really noticed the tree in SSX though. However, there are games with a less good design that do have points that annoy. Stuff like Zelda, Jedi Power Battles, and many more had some extremely annoying points that really got on my nerves.
Tue 23/10/01 at 20:11
Regular
"( . ) ( . )"
Turbonutter wrote:
> Stephen Allred wrote:
> shut up

What was that for?

Strange newbie LoL
Tue 23/10/01 at 20:07
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
Stephen Allred wrote:
> shut up

What was that for?
Tue 23/10/01 at 16:27
Regular
Stephen Allred wrote:
> shut up

?
Tue 23/10/01 at 16:24
Regular
"Digging!"
shut up
Tue 23/10/01 at 16:12
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
Crap topic, I know.
Tue 23/10/01 at 16:11
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
Come on ssxpro, you know what Iím talking about, weíve both been there. Merqery City, the bridge over the river, shortcut to the left of it, bust a Double Rodeo 720 Unethical Experimental, only land straight into that bloody tree every single time.

The game Iím talking about is of course, SSX, but thatís beside the point. Why do developers see the need to be evil to us? Theyíve got a habit of putting things in the most evil places, such as that tree in SSX and that (now extinct) section in the old SS Route 11 where thereís road works in the middle of the course. Do they purposefully try to annoy us?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.