GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Nintendo/Square: The truth?"

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 23/10/01 at 12:14
Regular
Tue 23/10/01 at 12:14
Regular
"Profit of Doom"
Tue 30/10/01 at 10:39
Regular
"DS..."
What a pointless thread! people like this should be banned!
slik ~_~
Tue 30/10/01 at 18:11
Regular
"I'm not Orgazmo"
Lets hope Nintendo and Square patch things up and get producing some top quality games, also Square let slip that Final Fatasy 11 will be available on all consoles, lets hope so..
Tue 30/10/01 at 19:28
Regular
"Devotion 2The Ocean"
I'd be in heaven if Square and Nintendo became mates once again!

Just think, Final Fantasy and Chrono on a Ninty console again!

GAMING BLISS!

:)
Tue 30/10/01 at 21:21
Regular
It won't happen.

Square are desperate to produce games for the GBA as it is more popular and profitable than the PS2.

BUT Nintendo don't like Square very much (and they have VERY good reason to!), and refuse to help Square unless Square help them too.

This help is in boosting the Gamecube with Final Fantasy and Chrono Trigger titles.
The demand was that these titles would be released on the Gamecube simultaneously with the PS2 versions.

Sony wasn't going to have any of this and refused Square permission. Square didn't want to cross Sony so refused Nintendo's offer.

Now as if to seal the situation, Sony has bought 19% of Square. I doubt that there'll be any titles from Square on the Gamecube and as a result, Square won't be allowed to make a penny on the GBA.

Sony get what they want - exclusive rights to games like Chrono Trigger and Final Fantasy.
Nintendo lose out on these titles but they're pretty much happy without them.

Squaresoft are bankrupt from the failing FF film.
They need heavy sales from GBA games but they won't get it. This'll hurt badly.

Although they'll gradually rebuild themselves with profits from PS2 titles, they'll still be set back a long way.
And after all they tried to do to Nintendo in the past, it pretty much serves them right.

It would be nice to see Final Fantasy on the Gamecube but it won't be happening.
Mon 17/05/10 at 21:00
Evenin........

We're taking advantage of the dry-ish conditions and having a go at Longridge Fell again!

For those that haven't done this one ... you're in for a pleasant suprise :-)

Meet at the Ribchester Arms around 6pm ish for a 6:15 getaway ;-)

PK

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.