GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Great News for UK gamers!"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 22/10/01 at 22:52
Regular
Taken from xbox365.com...

Want to be The First in Europe to Play Xbox? 10/22/2001, by Jason
If youíre serious about gaming, thereís only one place to be in November and December. The Xbox eperience will be the publicís first chance to play Xbox in Europe, the much-awaited video game console from Microsoft, months before it is available in the UK next March...

Immediately after the US launch of Xbox on 15 November, British gamers will have the chance to try out the worldís most realistic and exciting games on the most powerful console ever made for limited times only. Exclusive Xperiences can be had in London (for one month) and during weekend stints in Birmingham, Manchester and Glasgow.

With consoles ready and waiting in some of the UK's coolest spaces, and games such as Project Gotham Racing, Halo and Oddworld: Munch's Oddysee amongst others, the Xperience is the ultimate venue to put Xbox through its paces.

"Enough of the talking, this is time for gamers to make up their own minds" said Richard Teversham, UK Head of Xbox Marketing. "We see The Xperience to be the first single from the highly anticipated album. The album, of course, comes out in March and we expect it to be a legendary release".

The Xperience is split into three zones: the Video Zone, Play More Zone and X Zone:

Video Zone An audio-visual sensory bombardment of action-packed FMV's, sound and light, demonstrating the awesome power of the Xbox.

Play More Zone With consoles at the ready, there are plenty of opportunities to trial a number of exclusive and exciting titles such as Amped: Freestyle Snowboarding, Halo, Project Gotham Racing and Oddworld: Munch's Oddysee.

X Zone A futuristic chill out area to relax after the gaming fest. And if you like what you saw you can even pre-order a console there and then.

The Xperience will be open Saturdays and Sundays from 10am to 7pm. To pre-register, go to: Xbox @ MSN Entry is free and registration is not compulsory but it will guarantee a place in the priority queue.

London Xperience
Saturday 17 November - Sunday 16 December 2001
Nutopia, 42 Shelton Street, Covent Garden, WC2
10am - 7pm, Saturdays and Sundays

Birmingham Xperience
Saturday 24 - Sunday 25 November 2001
The Custard Factory, Gibb Street, Digbeth, Birmingham B9
10am - 7pm

Manchester Xperience
Saturday 1 - Sunday 2 December 2001
Freemasons Hall, 36 Bridge Street, Manchester M3
10am - 7pm

Glasgow Xperience
Saturday 8 - Sunday 9 December 2001
The Lighthouse, 11 Mitchell Lane, Glasgow G1
10am - 7pm

------------------------------------------------------------

Is this or is this not fantastic news?!

Each venue is FREE and you can play loads of games before they are even launched un the UK. Well done Microsoft.

I suppose this is designed to steel some of the PS2s thunder this Christmas, and to try and purswade people not to buy a PS2 and wait untill March for an Xbox.

If you are close to any of the above venues, I would highly recomend you go, even if you're not totally bananas about the Xbox.

I only wish I could go to one of the above events... :(
Wed 24/10/01 at 21:48
Aah, alovely grey, blank area. Beats the horde of text that is processed through my eyes any day.
Wed 24/10/01 at 21:22
Regular
DeltaJava wrote:
> The folk in Wales certainly are, anyway.

Quote from Goldeneye (the movie):

"James, For England"
"For England, Alec"

Basically, the United Kingdom consists of these 4 countries: England

England

England

&

England.

Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland don't exist!

I hate it when people refer to the UK as England. That quote is the only part of Goldeneye.
Wed 24/10/01 at 14:02
Regular
"ur kungfu is no goo"
cant wait till it comes to manchester!
Tue 23/10/01 at 22:39
The folk in Wales certainly are, anyway.
Tue 23/10/01 at 22:37
Another thing: don't the Scots ever get annoyed when the mad folk over the pond say "England" when they should be referring to the UK as a whole? Really naffs me off, that. If such a word ever existed.
Tue 23/10/01 at 22:27
Regular
"Oi you- sort it out"
They should have a show in Dublin too, then I could have a go on an Xbox.
Tue 23/10/01 at 22:23
Hell, I think it is.
Tue 23/10/01 at 22:17
Regular
Didn't you know?

Wales isn't part of the United Kingdom!
Tue 23/10/01 at 22:11
Thre isn't one in Wales!!!

Just how am I supposed to get myself to Birmingham eh, just to play a frickin' Xbox?
Tue 23/10/01 at 22:02
Regular
"Oi you- sort it out"
Registering is not compulsary by the way. If there is a cue to get in people who have pre registered will get in first, thats all.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.