GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The memories..."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 11/06/03 at 21:39
Regular
Wow, I've just come back on this board after many months of not doing so and the memories came flooding back. I was a regular poster on this very board between March and September 2001 and I don't think I've been on since (maybe once or twice). From what I can see, not much has changed. The first thing I noticed is that Meka Dragon is still a regular poster just as he was back then.

Of course, the posts are similar too only now there's loads about Xbox and GameCube. Back then it was Dreamcast and PlayStation 2, people endlessly arguing over which one was best. And who could forget Gameaday? It was always fun seeing how people put their best efforts in trying to be philosophical and intelligent by posting messages about the future of gaming (Surely what should be discussed on this board?). Well, it was either that or people writing songs or poems. I know because I've tried it all!

However, the main thing that I have noticed is how gaming has changed, though only a bit, over the past two years. I notice this because back in the Summer of 2001 I was an obsessive Dreamcast fan and my 'games of the moment' were Sonic Adventure 2 and Crazy Taxi 2. Now I look at myself 2 years later donning an 'Xbox Communicator', playing MotoGP 2 over Xbox Live, a completely different experience. But, even more, I think of all the gaming experiences I've had since that time. I've continued my adventures with Ryo Hazuki, I've fought the Covenant with Master Chief, I've sneaked my way around with Sam Fisher and I've played on the beach with the Dead or Alive babes. And that's exactly what matters. It's not about the Xbox having better graphics or the PS2 having more games. No, it's about the experiences we have when we're playing the games that makes it such an enjoyable pastime.

And that's why I can remember posting on here 2 years ago, because I suddenly recalled the gaming experiences I was having at that time and it makes me feel like I'm 16 again.
Thu 12/06/03 at 10:13
Regular
"TheCoolNerd on Live"
Yeah, I think I'll stay this time, at least as long as I remember the address.
Thu 12/06/03 at 01:06
Regular
"A.K.A QAWSEDRFTGYH"
HIYA BRO
Thu 12/06/03 at 01:02
"I love yo... lamp."
I only very vaguely remember the boards before Notorious Biggles. Can't remeber what that account was anymore. It was crap anyway. Forgot my log in. What did HOG stand for? I remember MIST, I liked that.
Wed 11/06/03 at 23:58
Regular
Still a noob then :D

I remember when it wasn't FOG that was the in thing to chat about. No, that position was held by HOG, which fizzled out fairly quickly really.
Wed 11/06/03 at 23:50
"I love yo... lamp."
Well , hope you stay this time.
Wed 11/06/03 at 23:48
Regular
Heh
Wed 11/06/03 at 23:47
Regular
"bit of a brain"
Almost as dreamy as Kyz...
Wed 11/06/03 at 23:35
Regular
You're so cool Agent Cool.

*swoons*
Wed 11/06/03 at 21:59
Regular
"It's been a while.."
wow lets have a party.......
Wed 11/06/03 at 21:42
Regular
"Z will be here soon"
Hi

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.