GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"American Conquest/ Rise of Nations"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'rise of nations'.
Wed 11/06/03 at 22:28
Regular
Does anyone have either of these games? I'm considering getting one or the other on Monday, I've read the reviews but still can't decide. I'd be grateful for people's opinions.
Fri 13/06/03 at 12:54
Damn Gamespy, why can't it be like Generals and Allied Assault, where you could connect directly?
Fri 13/06/03 at 12:50
Regular
Rise of nations needs gamespy to play online :S
And has risk like single player although they say it is still good.
Fri 13/06/03 at 12:12
In Rise of Nations.
Fri 13/06/03 at 12:10
Can you trade with other sides in the game?
Fri 13/06/03 at 00:26
Regular
"Sure.Fine.Whatever."
Thanks guys! Input greatly appreciated. Still haven't decided, but I have 'til Monday to make a decision.
Thu 12/06/03 at 16:34
Regular
"Stay Frosty"
I've got American Conquest. It's ok, but nothin' special. Cipro's right, wait a while. There will be better games out soon.
Thu 12/06/03 at 11:03
Regular
"A man with a stick"
I'd put off buying American Conqest and wait for No Man's Land instead, it seems like it will be a much better game. As for Rise of Nations, well I've just downloaded the demo so I can finally sample what it'll play like, and the game itself has been getting great reviews all round, I'd say you couldn't go wrong getting that game.
Thu 12/06/03 at 09:29
Regular
"gametag = viperfire"
I have Rise of Nations and its quite good. It is very simaller to Empire Earth, except its more difficult.
Wed 11/06/03 at 23:26
Regular
"360: swfcman"
I was in the same position tonight, i have a thread in here or in Chat if u care to look.

In the end i went for American Conquest as it looked the better game to me. Ill probably get Rise of Nations before long too, but went for the other first.
Wed 11/06/03 at 22:31
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Rise Of Nations seems to be highly praised. By PC Zone, who are better than PC Gamer. I think so anyway.

It looks a look better to me too.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.