GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Two funny adverts..."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 22/10/01 at 21:56
Regular
I saw two adverts on TV tonight that I haven't seen before.

Both were hilarious.

First was the Boddingtons advert, "How to survive a shark attack". The cow (can't remember his name) is underwater with his pint, and it goes through lots of methods to prevent the shark nicking the pint.

Funniest parts are: (a) where the voiceover says "try to scare the shark"; the cow blows a raspberry and bubbles rise to the surface. (b) the little fish that gets slapped at the end of the advert.

Second advert was a new KitKat advert, where the dog is wearing a 'lampshade' collar/cone and trying to play with a squeaky toy. Cruel, but very funny.

Anyone else seen them? Got any favourites of your own?
Mon 22/10/01 at 21:56
"High polygon count"
I saw two adverts on TV tonight that I haven't seen before.

Both were hilarious.

First was the Boddingtons advert, "How to survive a shark attack". The cow (can't remember his name) is underwater with his pint, and it goes through lots of methods to prevent the shark nicking the pint.

Funniest parts are: (a) where the voiceover says "try to scare the shark"; the cow blows a raspberry and bubbles rise to the surface. (b) the little fish that gets slapped at the end of the advert.

Second advert was a new KitKat advert, where the dog is wearing a 'lampshade' collar/cone and trying to play with a squeaky toy. Cruel, but very funny.

Anyone else seen them? Got any favourites of your own?
Mon 22/10/01 at 23:11
Regular
i havent seen the boddingtons one but i have seen the kit kat ad...

i love the itv digital ads
monkey is cool
Mon 22/10/01 at 23:41
Regular
"Wasting away"
I've seen the Kitkat one and before they even showed the signs Kitkat I knew what it was about, typical, cruel but funny. My favoutire has got to be the Budweisers with the chameleons or however you spell it.
Mon 22/10/01 at 23:48
Regular
"You've upset me"
I've seen the Boddingtons one. I thought it was great :-D

My favourite advert I've ever seen was the KitKat one where the moth kept flying into the light accomponied by "Ow" "Ooo" "Eep" Damn funny...
Tue 23/10/01 at 00:10
my favourite advert at the moment is the nescafe one with the japanese guy that's so funny it's just crazy
Tue 23/10/01 at 02:36
Regular
"Wasting away"
I don't tend to watch tele much but you can't deny the power of Budweiser and their amazing ads. If it's not that catchy tune it's the WHASSSSSSSSUP and if it's neither of them it's either the Chameleons or the 'Foot long hot dog inventor'. They are just classic and humerous, although they don't tend to have anything to do with the drink, anyone else noticed that no car advert mentions about the car rather about something else?
Tue 23/10/01 at 12:35
Regular
"Back from the dead!"
I think that if adverts are promoting products, and that if the advert is good, you remember it and buy the product, buy the same reasoning if they have a really rubbish annoying ad, then you should not buy their product on principle.

Example? The Renault Scenic. I have no use for a spacewagon, but if i did, I would never ever buy a scenic. Firstly, they tortured us with their "couple goes to kenya" ad, with that toffie nosed bar steward that quips "a decent chardonay for one..." I just want to feed his head into a mincing machine! And just when they pulled that puke-inducing scene, they make it worse with air stewards sing wheatus! Those dummies are just right for a woodchipper, and those "High Ho Silver lining" guys must really hate themselves now.

FIGHT FOR YOUR RIGHTS!!! BOYCOTT THE RENAULT SCENIC!!!
Tue 23/10/01 at 12:43
Regular
"say hello to parsle"
The ad with the bloke on a desert island. A crab helps him get a fridge working and then he eats him. Cracking!
Tue 23/10/01 at 21:43
Regular
"This one goes to 11"
There r loads of good ads out. Some include:

Budweiser-Wassari!!!

Boddingtons- Voice-over: Steps to be taken in event of parachute failiure.

*Cow pulls rip-cord, which comes of.*

Do not flap arms wildly, as this may spill pint.

*Cow stops flapping arms wildly.*

Attempt to cushion landing.

*Cow inflates udder by blowing it up like a balloon.*

*Bird comes along and punctures it*

Put pint in safe place.

*Cow puts pint on head and crashes to the ground.*

Boddingtons-Better chilled than spilled.

Heinz Ketchup-
*Man it trying to put ketchup on plate of chips. Ketchup is in a glass bottle and won't budge*

Voice-over: There aren't many things slower than Heinz ketchup.

Unless....it's in a squeezey bottle.

*Wife hands man ketchup in "New squeezy bottle!", man puts ketchup all over chips*

Then there are lots of things that are slower like, marmalade...and...rocks.

Heinz Tomato Ketchup-Now faster, than marmalade, and rocks.

The Bisto ad- Not a brilliant advert, but me and all my mates think it's great, because the teenager in it (Who happens to be called Daniel Squibb), is in our class!!!!

Can't think of any more!!!!!!
Tue 23/10/01 at 23:43
Regular
"Rong Xion Tong"
I like the Jaguar X-type advert at the cinema. "And IIIIIIIIII don't wanna fall in love"

Although the pulp fiction take off advert with the old people is pretty funny.

And I just saw an advert for Have I got News for You. It had a voice over about Prince William and it said there was a new show using hidden camera footage on his life. Then it said it was replaced by Have I got News for You. Pretty funny.

And then there were the best budweiser adverts ever. "Real American Heroes!"

:-)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.