GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"X-Box - Mascot"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 22/10/01 at 17:35
Regular
What will Microsoft's X-Box mascot be? With sega it is Sonic. With Nintendo it is Mario. And with Sony it is Crash Bandicoot.
Mon 22/10/01 at 21:33
Regular
What about that annoying paper clip thing off word.
Mon 22/10/01 at 21:09
Regular
"Rong Xion Tong"
I think it would be nice if they made it a nice, cuddly Bill Gates.

No wait, what am I saying. Microsoft have gotten to me. Get out while you can. AAARRRGGGHHH!!!!
Mon 22/10/01 at 20:50
Regular
Malice is even coming to the Gamecube now...

Anyway, although Sony apparently have this little white cat in Japan (Game Network did something about it once), in the west, the closest thing they've had to a mascot was Lara Croft, and she was owned by a third party (sort of sums up the Playstation - completely third party reliant - not exactly a bad thing...)

We all know that Sonic is on the Gamecube but people still see Sonic and think "SEGA!".

A Mascot is what people label the system by.

If you see Mario then you think Nintendo.
If you see Sonic then you think Sega.
Most people think Sony when they see Lara Croft (although that's starting to die out now she's appearing on all systems).

The Xbox will have a mascot when a good character is widely associated with their machine and Microsoft.
One may or may not come.
Mon 22/10/01 at 20:47
Regular
"Death to the Infide"
X-box's macot will be a large picture of satan with the the word 'microsoft' tattoed to his head.

only jking!
Mon 22/10/01 at 20:42
Regular
"Back For Good"
It used to be Malice but thats going to the PS2 so they can't use that anymore *sigh*
Mon 22/10/01 at 19:36
Regular
"Oi you- sort it out"
Crash isn't Sonys mascot, sure Crash Bandicoot is coming to the GBA.

So Sony and Xbox don't have a Mascot as such, yet you only critise Microsoft. Why the hell I am I the only one who otices all the baised comments around here?
Mon 22/10/01 at 18:53
Regular
Well it all started here.......
2 years ago Microsoft said they were gonna make a new console called the X-Box, they apparently said that there would be no mascot because they wanted to stay so called "Neutral". Anyway later on (15 months later) they decided for a person meditating the person had no name and was going to be supposebly a well known games character. The Mascot was going to be well publicised and was gonna give them lots of mony.
Well the Mascot was realeased as a thing in the background for munchs oddeysee. Well there you have it the X-box is stinking rich, mascot less and gutless.
Microsoft can go back to the stinky dump they came from.
Mon 22/10/01 at 18:25
Regular
"Jags is teh l33t"
1. Sonic is going to be on the GC.

2. A good mascot for Xbox would be a picture of bill gates in his tweed jumper. That would really appeal to kids.
Mon 22/10/01 at 18:02
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
sam2000 wrote:
> What will Microsoft's X-Box mascot be? With sega it is Sonic. With Nintendo it
> is Mario. And with Sony it is Crash Bandicoot.

We've had this out before and decided it would be Clippit. Crash was never Sony's mascot, mainly because it's owned by another company (Eidos I think). Sony's mascot is actually Toro, a white hairless cat that only surfaced in Japan. So there you have it.
Mon 22/10/01 at 17:39
Regular
"Digging!"
i didnt know with sony it was crash. anyway, i think it will be that wierd thing that is on one of the release games, witha name like org or something

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.