GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"American Pie 2 Review ñ 1 Hour 40 Minutes, 2002 - By CyberMaster"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 22/10/01 at 16:54
Regular
American Pie 2

Sequels are infamous for being smug about the success of their predecessors. They repeat key lines, re-create key situations, or re-do key jokes, all with this subtext: "We KNOW you saw the first movie and LOVED every minute of it. Now you're gonna love this one too!

If the focus of the first movie was on getting some, the focus of the second is on not getting any. This time, the five guys from "American Pie" have girlfriends - or, at least, the prospect of them - but they are separated from their women. So they rent a beach house, intending to get lucky. Irritatingly, they get maturity instead.

"American Pie" ñ The 1999 hit, actually created some likable, interesting characters. There is no condescension in doing a sequel; these are people we don't mind seeing again, and it makes sense to show what happened to them after they came of age.

"American Pie 2" takes place a year later, just after everyone's first year of college. Our five heroes have rented a house on the lake for the summer, not just as a means of picking up women, but to create a memorable summer of friendship, too. But mostly the women thing.

Hapless Jim (Jason Biggs) is fretting over the imminent return of European hottie Nadia (Shannon Elizabeth). Worried whether his lack of experience will disappoint her, he consults his only actual partner; ding batty Michelle (Alyson Hannigan), who is now a counsellor at band camp. ñ Yes, itís the girl who - ìOne time at band camp stuck a flute in her **???**î.

Kevin (Thomas Ian Nicholas) is trying to rekindle things with Vicky (Tara Reid), who just wants to be friends.
Oz (Chris Klein) is being faithful to Heather (Mena Suvari), who is abroad for the summer. (Actually, she's ìa broadî all year round. Ba-BOOM!)

Finch (Eddie Kaye Thomas), pines for Stifler's mom after having met a Chinese girl who has turned him intoÖ - Well, I wont spoil it for you. See the film.

Stifler (Sean William Scott), is there, too, serving as the grinning, oversexed moron who is too horny, even by these guys' standards. Most of the film's best lines are his, and he's a great supporting character. He's so gloriously; crassly oblivious to the laws of society and decorum that laughing at his antics doesn't seem like a lowering of one's moral standards. Laughing won't encourage him, for he needs no encouragement. This is just how he is. By far my best character of them all.

The film's best scene I thought, is one in which Stifler, Jim and Finch encounter two women they believe to be lesbians whilst working at their house. Their desire to see two women, um, interacting is countered by the fact that the women, who are straight, want to mess with the guys' minds. It's well played and genuinely funny. ñ Donít worry; I have not spoiled it for you.

The new movie is just as funny as the first one. The writers and director know how to construct jokes so that they start out with a chuckle and then build to something funnier.

Oh yeah, By the way, if you're looking for the brief appearance by that pie, it's in the first scene. In keeping with the sexed-down tone of the sequel, this pie remains a virgin.

American Pie 2 ñ So far the best comedy sequel I have seen. This definitely beats Scary Movie 1 and 2. I give it 10/10 ñThumbs Up Guys and Gals!
Mon 22/10/01 at 16:54
American Pie 2

Sequels are infamous for being smug about the success of their predecessors. They repeat key lines, re-create key situations, or re-do key jokes, all with this subtext: "We KNOW you saw the first movie and LOVED every minute of it. Now you're gonna love this one too!

If the focus of the first movie was on getting some, the focus of the second is on not getting any. This time, the five guys from "American Pie" have girlfriends - or, at least, the prospect of them - but they are separated from their women. So they rent a beach house, intending to get lucky. Irritatingly, they get maturity instead.

"American Pie" ñ The 1999 hit, actually created some likable, interesting characters. There is no condescension in doing a sequel; these are people we don't mind seeing again, and it makes sense to show what happened to them after they came of age.

"American Pie 2" takes place a year later, just after everyone's first year of college. Our five heroes have rented a house on the lake for the summer, not just as a means of picking up women, but to create a memorable summer of friendship, too. But mostly the women thing.

Hapless Jim (Jason Biggs) is fretting over the imminent return of European hottie Nadia (Shannon Elizabeth). Worried whether his lack of experience will disappoint her, he consults his only actual partner; ding batty Michelle (Alyson Hannigan), who is now a counsellor at band camp. ñ Yes, itís the girl who - ìOne time at band camp stuck a flute in her **???**î.

Kevin (Thomas Ian Nicholas) is trying to rekindle things with Vicky (Tara Reid), who just wants to be friends.
Oz (Chris Klein) is being faithful to Heather (Mena Suvari), who is abroad for the summer. (Actually, she's ìa broadî all year round. Ba-BOOM!)

Finch (Eddie Kaye Thomas), pines for Stifler's mom after having met a Chinese girl who has turned him intoÖ - Well, I wont spoil it for you. See the film.

Stifler (Sean William Scott), is there, too, serving as the grinning, oversexed moron who is too horny, even by these guys' standards. Most of the film's best lines are his, and he's a great supporting character. He's so gloriously; crassly oblivious to the laws of society and decorum that laughing at his antics doesn't seem like a lowering of one's moral standards. Laughing won't encourage him, for he needs no encouragement. This is just how he is. By far my best character of them all.

The film's best scene I thought, is one in which Stifler, Jim and Finch encounter two women they believe to be lesbians whilst working at their house. Their desire to see two women, um, interacting is countered by the fact that the women, who are straight, want to mess with the guys' minds. It's well played and genuinely funny. ñ Donít worry; I have not spoiled it for you.

The new movie is just as funny as the first one. The writers and director know how to construct jokes so that they start out with a chuckle and then build to something funnier.

Oh yeah, By the way, if you're looking for the brief appearance by that pie, it's in the first scene. In keeping with the sexed-down tone of the sequel, this pie remains a virgin.

American Pie 2 ñ So far the best comedy sequel I have seen. This definitely beats Scary Movie 1 and 2. I give it 10/10 ñThumbs Up Guys and Gals!
Mon 22/10/01 at 17:08
Regular
"Vote For Pedro"
it isnt 2002 all ready is it?
Mon 22/10/01 at 18:37
To all those who are wondering why I put 2002 on my American Pie 2 review. This is because the release date for the DVD is not until 2002 although I have a copy already from the USA.

Best wishes to all,

CyberMaster
Mon 22/10/01 at 19:06
Regular
"Vote For Pedro"
ok, that explains it.

i thaught you ment the film was made in 2002
Tue 23/10/01 at 16:50
Thats ok friend. I should have been more precise when I wrote the review.

Best wishes,

CyberMaster
Tue 23/10/01 at 19:19
Regular
you mean PIRATE copy from america
Tue 23/10/01 at 20:37
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
That's a very good review, although I should think that Eric D. Snider would like you to acknowledge him.

http://www.ericdsnider.com/reviews/movies/mo423americanpie2.php3
Tue 23/10/01 at 20:42
Regular
"Vote For Pedro"
hmm good review, shame it wasnt really yours.
i thaught you would win fad for that,but not anymore
Tue 23/10/01 at 21:32
Regular
hang your head in shame you dirty dirty ape
Wed 24/10/01 at 12:51
Regular
"This one goes to 11"
Hey, Mystique! Your Stargate reveiw just won FAD! Just thought I'd let you know!!!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.