GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Flash Banners"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 14/05/10 at 11:25
Regular
"littleswans.org.uk"
Hi maybe i am wrong but i cannot find any threads relating to this.

Firstly i must say instant site builder is Fabulous, but for me it is missing the one very important thing and thats Flash Banners...

My self i would love to see this added and would be a massive boost in the intrest in the instant pro site builder software, my self i have been using alot of the available software for making flash banners and wow they are great and would be the icing on the cake for the website i have live.

www.littleswans.org.uk

with this ability it would transform most of our sites first impression so if any plans to be added in the near future please say or if you agree with my self plese lets start a thread hoping freeola will soon add this feature.

as for the software its so easy to make a flash banner for us flash noobs and at the end it just saves a file same as a Gif but the site dont support the feature so please freeola look into this :)
Fri 14/05/10 at 16:00
"Are you sure?"
Andypandy321 wrote:
> ...set them up with a site hosted by your selves...

Hi Andypandy31,
For the record, I'm just a happy Freeola customer like you in case you thought my reply was an 'official' one :¬)

[s]Hmmm...[/s] My Freeola InstantPro Site
Fri 14/05/10 at 15:32
Regular
"Embrace the Martian"
Andypandy321 wrote:
> but as for the HTML side of flash i understand what you mean,
> for me its like a needle in a haystack and i think ill stick to
> the inside of computers hehe.

Web development certainly blows my mind daily...
Fri 14/05/10 at 14:32
Regular
"littleswans.org.uk"
Ah yes i see thanks for the info :), no problem i have set it back to the other banner.

I mainly added this post due to people asking for the banner feature, my self im a computer engineer and as for web design etc it aint my strong point or area but i tend to maintain littleswans website for my partner and her boss and also been asked by a dance school if i will set them up with a site hosted by your selves.

But the one thing they always hassle me to do is flashy annimation and things that will catch the eye if they have an event coming up or a nursery trip or an open day, but i mainly wanted to ask about the flash banner to eliminate the randomness around the pages of HTML and .Gif images.

The one thing that would be great is just the ability to support application made flash banners so they can be made off site and the file uploaded the same as a Gif / banner / picture that way for me it would eliminate adding effects around the site which can end up looking tacky.

but as for the HTML side of flash i understand what you mean, for me its like a needle in a haystack and i think ill stick to the inside of computers hehe.
Fri 14/05/10 at 14:12
"Are you sure?"
I'm afraid you can't use animation in your logo/banner.
Please see the link in my previous post for details.

Fri 14/05/10 at 14:06
Regular
"littleswans.org.uk"
Thanks for the reply guys atleast i know what you plan now :) , but i my self seem to be having trouble with annimating my banner Gif also, i have stored it in image archive and it annimates perfect in preview and the size is spot on 892 / 200 but still dont seem to work so i have put it back to the old banner.

but if you could give me some advice on what im doing wrong or if your able to fix this it would be much appreciated :)
Fri 14/05/10 at 12:30
Regular
"Embrace the Martian"
I would have to agree with Hmmm... on the "GeoCities effect" point. As for adding the ability to use Flash banners, it is of course possible we will add this functionality, but when and if we implement it isn't for me to decide.

I have highlighted this thread to those whom do have the authority however.

But yeah, Flash is yucky most of the time IMHO.
Fri 14/05/10 at 12:24
"Are you sure?"
Hi LittleSwans and welcome to the forum.

FYI here's a previous thread about using animation in InstantPro; as you mention this isn't supported for logos/banners.

But you can use animated GIFs and Flash elsewhere.

IMO you do have to be VERY careful adding animation as it's easy to overcook it and end up with a site from Geocitiesizer...

Fri 14/05/10 at 11:25
Regular
"littleswans.org.uk"
Hi maybe i am wrong but i cannot find any threads relating to this.

Firstly i must say instant site builder is Fabulous, but for me it is missing the one very important thing and thats Flash Banners...

My self i would love to see this added and would be a massive boost in the intrest in the instant pro site builder software, my self i have been using alot of the available software for making flash banners and wow they are great and would be the icing on the cake for the website i have live.

www.littleswans.org.uk

with this ability it would transform most of our sites first impression so if any plans to be added in the near future please say or if you agree with my self plese lets start a thread hoping freeola will soon add this feature.

as for the software its so easy to make a flash banner for us flash noobs and at the end it just saves a file same as a Gif but the site dont support the feature so please freeola look into this :)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.