GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Page Ordering in InstantPro"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 13/05/10 at 13:37
Regular
"@optometrytweet"
Hi all,

I recently asked if there were any ways of organising the pages in my InstantPro site so that the sub pages withing the main menu could be kept together (so it was easier to keep track of the pages). I know that this was not currently an option.

However, I noticed that in the gallery pages, you can organise the pictures by entering the number besides the picture to relate to the order they are shown. I was wondering if this idea is/could be integrated into the page manager so that customers could keep track of their pages (as for me, now I have 40+ it is getting difficult to order the main menu pages for the side menu).

Is there any other way of ordering the pages than the small arrow buttons on the page manager?

Thanks

Jason

*if you understand that, then well done...probably not as clearly written as I hoped it would be :p*
Mon 28/12/15 at 14:52
Staff Moderator
"Aargh! Broken..."
Sure, you can drag and drop the rows in the table of pages in the page directory. You mouse cursor should change to reflect this ability,
Mon 28/12/15 at 14:09
Regular
Hi just a quick question did the ability to order the pages ever get implemented, I have a website with something approaching 140 pages and new pages get added to the bottom of the pile. I have just had to move 3 pages from the bottom to somewhere near to top. This is a long job using the arrows a drag and drop would be very useful
Mon 17/05/10 at 12:45
Regular
"@optometrytweet"
Thanks guys. I shall give that a go Eccles and likewise look froward to seeing any updates. I am overly impressed with the ease I am able to create a website!

@Numnut, not taken as a criticism. Indeed I was thinking about how to get the o symbol on the page, so will take your advice and alter it.

Thanks for taking a look and getting back so quick :)
Thu 13/05/10 at 20:28
Staff Moderator
"Aargh! Broken..."
Just to add to this: you can also drag a row in the table of pages in the page directory. When the mouse cursor changes to an up/down arrow (this depends on the browser/os) just hold down the left mouse button and drag the row up or down to the position you want it. The problem with added the ordering that galleries use is lack of space. It may require a page directory re-design.
Thu 13/05/10 at 15:48
Staff
"Look! There's a..."
I see what you are saying about page order and the answer is no not at the moment I'm afraid.

The only current method of ordering pages is via the up/down arrows shown to the left of the page name.

I'll suggest the gallery page image ordering system as a possible replacement and who knows.... it may be added in a future update!

Also, on another note having had a read of your site (which I do enjoy from time to time), I noticed temperature references on some of the pages and it made me think - you can add the correct temperature symbols using html entities. A link to further info is here, it's just a matter of editing the html of the page where you want the symbol to appear.

Please don't take it as a criticism, just thought it might be helpful!

EDIT: Just so you know your suggestion is something that will be added to a future update for InstantPro!
Thu 13/05/10 at 13:37
Regular
"@optometrytweet"
Hi all,

I recently asked if there were any ways of organising the pages in my InstantPro site so that the sub pages withing the main menu could be kept together (so it was easier to keep track of the pages). I know that this was not currently an option.

However, I noticed that in the gallery pages, you can organise the pictures by entering the number besides the picture to relate to the order they are shown. I was wondering if this idea is/could be integrated into the page manager so that customers could keep track of their pages (as for me, now I have 40+ it is getting difficult to order the main menu pages for the side menu).

Is there any other way of ordering the pages than the small arrow buttons on the page manager?

Thanks

Jason

*if you understand that, then well done...probably not as clearly written as I hoped it would be :p*

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.