GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Fat boy updates....."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 22/10/01 at 09:42
Regular
Ok, last night I was going to watch Some Mother Do 'Ave 'Em before I went out, a little light humour would do the trick, I thought to myself.

However, the snooker must have run late, as my little comedy half hour wasn't so. So, I decided to channel hop.

I turned to ITV to see this Pop Idol thing, which I haven't seen before, so I thought I'd watch it for a bit. In case you haven't seen it, there is this real fat bloke on there.

They had a short interview with people saying "why do you want to be a pop idol" etc, and the fat bloke (don't know his name) said something like "I want to be a pop idol becuase I think there are loads of large people like me who have a talent, but are never able to show it off."

And I just thought "Spot on!", all credit to the bloke as far as I'm concerned. It must have taken a lot of bottle to go up there to the audition when you know that pretty much everyone else will fit into the industry stereotype of "Blokes have to be tall, with a six pack, and women have to be blonde haired, with a nice bum and pretty eyes" etc etc.

I didn't get to watch the end last night, so if anyone knows if fat bloke is still in it, let me know, as I want him to win. If he does win, I'll go out and buy the record even if I don't like it, out of proncipal!

So I want fat bloke updates in here please as I won't be able to watch it all the time. I hope he wins, all credit to the bloke.
Mon 22/10/01 at 09:42
Regular
Ok, last night I was going to watch Some Mother Do 'Ave 'Em before I went out, a little light humour would do the trick, I thought to myself.

However, the snooker must have run late, as my little comedy half hour wasn't so. So, I decided to channel hop.

I turned to ITV to see this Pop Idol thing, which I haven't seen before, so I thought I'd watch it for a bit. In case you haven't seen it, there is this real fat bloke on there.

They had a short interview with people saying "why do you want to be a pop idol" etc, and the fat bloke (don't know his name) said something like "I want to be a pop idol becuase I think there are loads of large people like me who have a talent, but are never able to show it off."

And I just thought "Spot on!", all credit to the bloke as far as I'm concerned. It must have taken a lot of bottle to go up there to the audition when you know that pretty much everyone else will fit into the industry stereotype of "Blokes have to be tall, with a six pack, and women have to be blonde haired, with a nice bum and pretty eyes" etc etc.

I didn't get to watch the end last night, so if anyone knows if fat bloke is still in it, let me know, as I want him to win. If he does win, I'll go out and buy the record even if I don't like it, out of proncipal!

So I want fat bloke updates in here please as I won't be able to watch it all the time. I hope he wins, all credit to the bloke.
Mon 22/10/01 at 13:39
Regular
Surely someone must know?
Mon 22/10/01 at 13:45
Regular
"This one goes to 11"
Well, if no-one replys, then it usually means that nobody does know.
Mon 22/10/01 at 13:45
You've lost me coach?

Fatboy updates? Sounds a bit weird to me, but each to their own......
Mon 22/10/01 at 14:12
Regular
Tarrant,it would help if you READ THE POST, not just the title.

Still, you are from Hull, so maybe I'm expecting a little too much....

:-)
Mon 22/10/01 at 14:15
Regular
"This one goes to 11"
If you think Hull's bad I'm from Essex!!! Nuff sed!!!
Mon 22/10/01 at 14:16
Like you've ever written a post worth reading!
As always your lame titles are the best bit!

:-)
Mon 22/10/01 at 14:17
Regular
rattle snake3 wrote:
> If you think Hull's bad I'm from Essex!!! Nuff sed!!!

I'm from Essex as well.

Your point?
Mon 22/10/01 at 14:25
Regular
"This one goes to 11"
You live in Essex?

"Sarah, kids, we're moving to Manchester!"
Mon 22/10/01 at 14:36
"High polygon count"
I don't think 'Fat Bloke' got through, but I'm not sure.

I do know that there was one lovely blonde on there who, though her voice wasn't too bad, would do better as a lap dancer. :-)

Anyway, if these 'larger' people can sing, they'll never get through on a show like Pop Idol, simply for the reasons you mentioned.

I'm not saying it's right, but it's a fact. Who's the last large-ish popstar you can remember? Alison Moyet is the only one I can recall, and she hasn't been around for yonks.

It's quite sad that the industry has become so image conscious. Maybe they shouldn't call it the "music" industry any more, because music seems to be the last thing on the minds of most of the people involved.

Maybe MUSIC is just an acronym these days?

Music
Unimportant!
Sexy
Counts!

Industry

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.