GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Online Games - Which?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 12/06/03 at 22:40
Regular
Hey there, just getting back into playing PS2 games after a long absence, missed u guys that knew me, its been a long time! and Hi to the newer guys, i am off out tomorrow to buy the Adapter (Online) And either Socom or Midnight Club 2, what i want to know is a bit about both games (mainly Socom) as it sounds great and if anyone has played Midnight Club 2 online yet? Looking forward to seeing FM's views too mate, i missed the trial as i couldn't afford the kit, so i'm sure you can let me know if these are both worth buying, Cheers!
Thu 12/06/03 at 22:40
Regular
"Touched!"
Hey there, just getting back into playing PS2 games after a long absence, missed u guys that knew me, its been a long time! and Hi to the newer guys, i am off out tomorrow to buy the Adapter (Online) And either Socom or Midnight Club 2, what i want to know is a bit about both games (mainly Socom) as it sounds great and if anyone has played Midnight Club 2 online yet? Looking forward to seeing FM's views too mate, i missed the trial as i couldn't afford the kit, so i'm sure you can let me know if these are both worth buying, Cheers!
Thu 12/06/03 at 23:24
Regular
"es argh"
Hi Spike, nice to see you back, I'm soon to be getting onto the online scene myself, I'd suggest getting SOCOM, fighting games are a great experience online, plus I'd advise trying things that you don't usually like 1-player.

The multiplayer element really brings the best out of games, try getting a big range of games, good luck.
Thu 12/06/03 at 23:43
Regular
"360: swfcman"
Totally off topic but....

Spike! Your alive! Remember me?

We should have a rememberence day for the old posters on days gone by....

Um, i suggest Socom, heard its good...
Thu 12/06/03 at 23:44
Regular
"Touched!"
Pro Evo wrote:
> Totally off topic but....
>
> Spike! Your alive! Remember me?
>
> We should have a rememberence day for the old posters on days gone
> by....
>
> Um, i suggest Socom, heard its good...

Hmmm...i am alive...and u are as well! lol, you'll be seeing a lot more of me now :D i am BACK!
Thu 12/06/03 at 23:56
Regular
"WWJD"
Yeah i also want to go online, now do you need to have broadband to have it? im pretty sure you do and how does the adapter work? and how does the online games work? different forum or rooms?
Fri 13/06/03 at 00:21
Regular
you need broadband, cant get it around my way at the moment. im getting SOCOM tomorrow though and will be good at it by the time i get broadband. the adapter sticks in your PS2 and can either go through a router in your PC or some other confusing stuff.
Fri 13/06/03 at 00:39
Regular
"WWJD"
I might be getting Broadband soon it says i can get it, Henrys like a few feet or meters out lol i would be kool to get especially for the PS2 socom looks good and then of course Final Fantasy 11 when it comes out, a free roaming world online making up teams, kicking butt it's going to be great
Fri 13/06/03 at 00:55
Regular
and its good to see thats its a subscription based net game aswell. £10 per month to play FFX1 i guess.

Henry lives closer to the wigston broadband thing then you doesnt he? i must be a few metres out :-(
Fri 13/06/03 at 01:13
Regular
"Copyright: FM Inc."
Get SOCOM for the online play, (hell, it's good in offline too). See the reviews on this website. (Ignore the one by the XBox owner).

Get Midnight Club 2 for the offline play (MC2 online is a little boring as there's no laptimes or records stored, you just login, race and logout again with nothing to show for it. Although the races are fun especially if your mates are online too). Offline, though, it's the toughest arcade racer you'll have seen in a long time. Very challenging.

Don't get Twisted Metal: Black Online unless you're a hardcore Twisty.
Fri 13/06/03 at 01:20
Regular
"Touched!"
Ty for the advice mate..is there anywhere other than SR doing SOCOM at under 49.99? seems a bit steep to pay for a game and a headset

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.