GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Customers"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 13/06/03 at 00:14
Regular
I work in Safeway

I pack shelves, check dates and err that about sums it up. But I get lots of annoying customers and I am just not the best person to deal with the moronic public.

They expect you to know absolutely everything in a superstore with employes about 400 people or something.

I work in Dairy which is at one end of the store. People ask me for things that actually take minutes to walk to, they're that far away. W

Where's youre deoderant?
Where's your toilet roll?
Where's your peanuts?

Now I'm usually standing there with 10 pints of milk or somehting in my hand. All you can see is milk and butter but NOOOOOOOO they can't be bothered just looking a bit so they walk up to the milk aisle and ask me. And I can tell when they suck and I don't know the answer. I've work a month there but only work in about 6 ailses and have as much idea as anyone else where the rest of the stuff is kept. I suppose I can't blame them too much but it still really annoys me, especially people who treat you like dirt just because you don't know the price of Safeway's own Potato and Coleslaw twin tub (1kg) is. Or if that is on offer? Or how much 'THAT' is... what that thing 40m metres away... why don't you tell me the product you moron?

" I'll just go check in the back "
" I'm not sure when we'll have more mixed vegetables in sir, that's not in my department "
" Yes, I will tell my boss that sir "

Have a nice day.

Can I take your trolley that you so desperately need?
How about I mess up the cream you spent 20 minutes 'dressing' just so I can get one that expires a day later?
How about I steal your pen?
How about I switch the reduced labels?

Oh sorry I droped the eggs
Member of Dairy to checkout 5 please... this coleslaw is rancid can you get me a new one?

And the best...

" Do you think my cat will like this milk? "

Bah
Fri 13/06/03 at 00:14
Regular
"Excommunicated"
I work in Safeway

I pack shelves, check dates and err that about sums it up. But I get lots of annoying customers and I am just not the best person to deal with the moronic public.

They expect you to know absolutely everything in a superstore with employes about 400 people or something.

I work in Dairy which is at one end of the store. People ask me for things that actually take minutes to walk to, they're that far away. W

Where's youre deoderant?
Where's your toilet roll?
Where's your peanuts?

Now I'm usually standing there with 10 pints of milk or somehting in my hand. All you can see is milk and butter but NOOOOOOOO they can't be bothered just looking a bit so they walk up to the milk aisle and ask me. And I can tell when they suck and I don't know the answer. I've work a month there but only work in about 6 ailses and have as much idea as anyone else where the rest of the stuff is kept. I suppose I can't blame them too much but it still really annoys me, especially people who treat you like dirt just because you don't know the price of Safeway's own Potato and Coleslaw twin tub (1kg) is. Or if that is on offer? Or how much 'THAT' is... what that thing 40m metres away... why don't you tell me the product you moron?

" I'll just go check in the back "
" I'm not sure when we'll have more mixed vegetables in sir, that's not in my department "
" Yes, I will tell my boss that sir "

Have a nice day.

Can I take your trolley that you so desperately need?
How about I mess up the cream you spent 20 minutes 'dressing' just so I can get one that expires a day later?
How about I steal your pen?
How about I switch the reduced labels?

Oh sorry I droped the eggs
Member of Dairy to checkout 5 please... this coleslaw is rancid can you get me a new one?

And the best...

" Do you think my cat will like this milk? "

Bah
Fri 13/06/03 at 00:17
Regular
"Hmmm....."
SHEEPY wrote:

> I pack fudge

-----

Do you have to wear a funny uniform?
Fri 13/06/03 at 00:17
Regular
"Sure.Fine.Whatever."
SHEEPY wrote:
>
> And the best...
>
> " Do you think my cat will like this milk? "
>
> Bah

Did someone actually ask you that?!
Fri 13/06/03 at 00:19
Regular
"Excommunicated"
Yes

And they honestly weren't joking... I laughed in the polite way as if it were a joke but nooooo it was true.

The moment I walked into work somebody asked me about cauliflower and its weight or something.

I finished and was shopping myself but people still asked me... I had to actually had to say in a polite way that I had finished and had to catch a bus SO I WASN'T GOING TO CHECK FOR FISH FOOD FOR HER.
Fri 13/06/03 at 00:20
Regular
heh, been there done that sheepy mate. must say I used to enjoy it though (!?). we had this idiot working with us. some woman asked him "where can I find the sanitary towels?"
"oh sorry" he replied "we only do them at christmas" ?!

quality
Fri 13/06/03 at 00:21
Regular
"Sure.Fine.Whatever."
Borat Sagdiyev wrote:
we had this idiot working with us. some woman asked him
> "where can I find the sanitary towels?"
> "oh sorry" he replied "we only do them at
> christmas" ?!

Lol!
Fri 13/06/03 at 00:24
Regular
"Excommunicated"
Excellent

Trying not to sound heartless but a woman with a stutter or something came up to me last week and really honestly took about a minute to say anything. I just stood there thinking " oh god this is bad... argh say something ".

" Do you sell birthday cards? "
" No "
" Anne... I found them round here "
" I guess we do then "
Fri 13/06/03 at 12:42
Regular
"Hmmm....."
I used to get exactly the same when I worked in a shop.

"Do you think this lightbulb would fit in such-and-such a socket"
"eeerm I'll just go and check for you in the storeroom"
*disappears into storeroom and waits there until man has been given enough time to ask someone else and leave the shop*

The best one was this freaky old man telling me about how he had just finished cycling around Afghanistan and how we should always be "true to yourself"!
Fri 13/06/03 at 15:50
Regular
"aliens exist"
tell me about it i work in debenhams menswear and people expect you to know where a certain item in womanswear is , they dont understand that i work in menswear, i have never been in the womans dept, and even if i knew i wouldnt tell them because they cant be arsed to look for themselves
Fri 13/06/03 at 15:55
Regular
"bit of a brain"
Borat tells the best stories.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.