GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Blah blah DNS blah blah..."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 13/06/03 at 13:16
Regular
Dammit, why does the connection test keep failing at the DNS bit. What is DNS? Why is it bodging me up? Why don't these DNS IP's i got from command prompt work? Why don't I just bagger ICS and try direct connect. Actually, good idea...
Sat 14/06/03 at 14:17
Regular
"Cigar smoker"
Yeah, get rid of AOL and get a decent ISP :)
Sat 14/06/03 at 13:44
Regular
"Back For Good"
I'm having the same problem, DNS always fails. I'm using AOL and a ICS connection, any ideas?
Sat 14/06/03 at 08:26
Regular
"  "
Natbuc is my SOCOM one, although Central Station is screwed at the mo so I cant get a permanent one. Did you get it working?
Fri 13/06/03 at 20:38
Regular
"Touched!"
El Nå†ßu© wrote:
> Thanks for the help all, but I scrapped ICS and went for direct
> connect, and it works a treat. I been playing SOCOM all afternoon,
> fantastic game. :D Got up to 800 and something in the leader board :D

Whats ya name online?
Fri 13/06/03 at 20:34
Regular
"  "
Thanks for the help all, but I scrapped ICS and went for direct connect, and it works a treat. I been playing SOCOM all afternoon, fantastic game. :D Got up to 800 and something in the leader board :D
Fri 13/06/03 at 13:45
Regular
"50 BLM,30 SMN,25 RD"
Yeah DNS should be set automatically I think, because with ICS the PC has already worked that out for you.
Fri 13/06/03 at 13:36
Regular
Isn't there an option to search for it automatically and not manually enter it?
Fri 13/06/03 at 13:31
Regular
"Cigar smoker"
DNS = Dynamic Name Server

There are about 10 of these in the world which hold all the IP addresses of all the IP's around the world. There maybe more but it's a very small number.
Fri 13/06/03 at 13:22
Regular
"  "
The helpline was busy (No surprises why) and they haven't replied to my email. :(
Fri 13/06/03 at 13:21
Regular
"Copyright: FM Inc."
What did the Sony helpline say?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.