GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The Ultimate Console"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 21/10/01 at 21:46
Regular
For a long time now gamers have argued over what is to be the best next generation console. The Playstation 2, Gamecube or the X-box. This war is seemlessley never ending. But what if there was to be a super console. A console that combines the power of Sony, Nintendo and Microsoft. The console would then be the monopoly of the market and if the money was to be split three ways then who is too lose? It would certainly save many arguements and hassle. You would not have to worry what to be spending your presious money on. Imagine it Sony's vast variety of games, Nintendo's games and graphical powers and microsofts visuals plus a super network from console to PC. Why cant people just work together and stop causing us so much bother?
Mon 22/10/01 at 22:15
Lord Semajal wrote:
> edd, first ninty is a term more often used to mean a Nintendo fan

errr... Ninty is short for nintendo.

Just the way ed was using it
Mon 22/10/01 at 21:05
Regular
"Back For Good"
you know with Nintendo's hardware, Sony's knowhow and games lineup and microsoft's money you could really put sommin together.
Mon 22/10/01 at 21:01
Regular
"Death to the Infide"
look, 30 quid for a tiny bit of plastic is nuts. Nintendo are already ripping us off. So are sony (2 ports) and obviously microsoft. If they didnt have each other as competition, we would have to pay loads more for games.
Mon 22/10/01 at 17:44
Regular
"Digging!"
that what i thought. sony and nintendo could merge there console deparments (thats nintendos only deparment) and they could release a super console.

they would have it with nintendo logo on it of couse..
Sun 21/10/01 at 22:53
Regular
ohh thats Edd... hmm
Sun 21/10/01 at 22:52
Regular
£35?
are you insane? i pay at £30 at the MOST!
Sun 21/10/01 at 22:52
Regular
"Jags is teh l33t"
edd, first ninty is a term more often used to mean a Nintendo fan

also GBA games are cartiges. they are TINY

they cost MONEY
Sun 21/10/01 at 22:48
Regular
"Death to the Infide"
blazingphoenix wrote:
> For a long time now gamers have argued over what is to be the best next
> generation console. The Playstation 2, Gamecube or the X-box. This war is
> seemlessley never ending. But what if there was to be a super console. A console
> that combines the power of Sony, Nintendo and Microsoft. The console would then
> be the monopoly of the market and if the money was to be split three ways then
> who is too lose? It would certainly save many arguements and hassle. You would
> not have to worry what to be spending your presious money on. Imagine it Sony's
> vast variety of games, Nintendo's games and graphical powers and microsofts
> visuals plus a super network from console to PC. Why cant people just work
> together and stop causing us so much bother?

Look, we have free trade for a reason

If any company had a monopoly, they could charge us 100 pounds for games, and we'd have to pay.

Look at ninty with £35 for GBA games! Pc games are only 20 tops!
Sun 21/10/01 at 22:41
Don't be so quick to put the newbie down. You all sound really cliquey.

"Oh, thats so yesterday. Jeez get out of my forum"

Its true mr. newb, the "ultimate console" has been done before, but as for the idea of all people getting along, I believe that the first few replies make an answer for that in themselves.
Sun 21/10/01 at 22:37
Regular
The most popular newbie topic me thinks is "what's the bestest game in the world ever" or something along those lines.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.