GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Adult themes"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 21/10/01 at 20:06
Regular
My Dad thinks that there should be more adult theme games
like Fear Effect 2: Retro Helix.
Mon 22/10/01 at 22:42
Regular
Darth Myst wrote:
> who has erotica island then? come on own up

I've got one of them Lu Lus Erotic something or other, downloaded it off the net, it's frickin hillarious.

Where can I get erotica island from then?

:P
Mon 22/10/01 at 22:39
Regular
"( . ) ( . )"
Darth Myst wrote:
> who has erotica island then? come on own up

LoL. It's on my christmas list LoL.
Mon 22/10/01 at 22:38
Regular
Lol.

We weren't on about THAT sort of "Adult" Theme.
Mon 22/10/01 at 22:36
Regular
who has erotica island then? come on own up
Mon 22/10/01 at 22:17
Regular
Tiltawhirl wrote:
> Strafex wrote:

The Adults games are all violent and gory and
> most kids
> end up buying them to be cool.

Not to be cool, probably because they like
> gory games, doesn't everyone?

Yeah, but only because it's "cool".

I'm quite happy for a game to be gory so long as it's a good game.

There are others who rate a game depending on whether it's gory or not while others refuse to buy a game unless it soaks the screen in virtual blood.

These people grow up, and as they become more mature, they realise what a game is and begin to appreciate games like mario more.

I used to be like it with games like Quake and Mortal Kombat...
Mon 22/10/01 at 22:08
Regular
"( . ) ( . )"
Tiltawhirl wrote:
> Strafex wrote:

> most kids
> end up buying them to be cool.

Not to be cool, probably because they like
> gory games, doesn't everyone?

I can give you the answer, as I'm 13. I (or my dad) buy the game because I like it's theme, not to be cool. I don't fit in anyway, so play away, right?
Mon 22/10/01 at 22:06
Regular
Strafex wrote:

> most kids end up buying them to be cool.

Not to be cool, probably because they like gory games, doesn't everyone?
Mon 22/10/01 at 22:03
Regular
"( . ) ( . )"
Adult games rule!
Mon 22/10/01 at 21:59
Regular
The problem with the mainstream market is that it's either:

Adult
Kids
Sports

The Adults games are all violent and gory and most kids end up buying them to be cool.

Kids games tend to have the cute graphics and light hearted atmosphere but tend to be so simplistic and easy that they're completable within a couple of days.

Sports games are realistic simulations and normally only appeal to you if you're a fan of that particular sport.

That's why Nintendo games are often so special.

They take the nice light hearted atmosphere from a kiddie game and put in deep Gameplay that can last a hardcore gamer for a several weeks.

That's what makes games like Zelda and Mario a wonderful breath of fresh air over the sea of generic "adult ad serious" games.
Mon 22/10/01 at 21:44
Regular
"Trout a la creme"
before anyone responds my last comment was a joke (I know this may not need to be pointed out but there will be some people who will take it the wrong way)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.