GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"I'm really Chrono Cross! (Lame) - (Lame again for using the American word, lame)."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Chrono Cross'.
Sat 14/06/03 at 12:19
Regular
The game Chrono Cross was released in America months ago now and what I don't understand is, how come the Final Fantasy series gets to us and such a massive classic that is Chrono Cross doesn't? The game received a 10 from Gamespot, and a 9.7 score from IGN. It just doesn't make sense not to release the game in this country.

Is it the fault of casual gamers? Do they think that 75-90% of gamers in the UK are sooo casual that they can't be bothered to finish an RPG or any other game that lasts longer than 20 minutes?

Release it over here damn it! And while your at it, release the original Chrono Trigger on the Gameboy Advance! Now that would be cool.
Sat 14/06/03 at 12:43
Regular
I think that there should be more Magazine coverage, PSM2 had a nice feature comparing FFX-2 and another RPG but i do feel that their should be alot more.
Sat 14/06/03 at 12:37
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Legendary Link wrote:
> Casual gamers will not buy an RPG unless its a big name, the only big
> names are Final Fantasy and Zelda. Quite simply it is true that if
> most japenese RPG's were realeased over here that they would not sell.

Like the Suikoden and Vandal Hearts series. Because hardly any one, well apart from those people who can see a good game when they see one (like me) bought those games Suikoden 3, which in my opinion was much better than FFX, didn't get released over here because 'it wouldn't make a profit as the sales would be too low' and well there was talk of a VH3 but that seems to have disappeared into the sunset.

Then you got the others like Star Ocean 2, Saga Frontier 2 that also got released and also were ignored.
Sat 14/06/03 at 12:33
Regular
Casual gamers will not buy an RPG unless its a big name, the only big names are Final Fantasy and Zelda. Quite simply it is true that if most japenese RPG's were realeased over here that they would not sell.
Sat 14/06/03 at 12:28
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Lots of great RPG's have never made it over here, just to name a few:

Xenogears
Suikoden 3
The Lunar series of games
Final Fantasy Tactics
and
I'm not too sure whether Xenosaga will get a release over here either (ah well i don't care, i've already got it :D )

I think it's that there's still this misconception of the European gamer that we don't like RPG's and would rather be shooting things up and driving cars around race tracks, which is totally wrong. The only option i've found is to just import these classics and hope they were released in America so they'd actually be in English. I've managed to play some of the best games on the PSX and PS2 that otherwise i'd have missed.
Sat 14/06/03 at 12:19
Regular
"where's my tag?"
The game Chrono Cross was released in America months ago now and what I don't understand is, how come the Final Fantasy series gets to us and such a massive classic that is Chrono Cross doesn't? The game received a 10 from Gamespot, and a 9.7 score from IGN. It just doesn't make sense not to release the game in this country.

Is it the fault of casual gamers? Do they think that 75-90% of gamers in the UK are sooo casual that they can't be bothered to finish an RPG or any other game that lasts longer than 20 minutes?

Release it over here damn it! And while your at it, release the original Chrono Trigger on the Gameboy Advance! Now that would be cool.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.