GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Internet laaaaggg"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 21/10/01 at 16:42
Regular
As a kid of 15 i cant afford to pay for broadband internet or adsl internet connection. So my internet connection has to stay at a mere 56k modem. Im not sure how many of you have what connection but as you know playing games like counterstrike can seem a pointless proccess. Just as soon as you finally connect. Abuse is thrown at you left, right and centre! You are either asked to leave or are just kicked form the game. Maybe one day a new connection will be released. A connection that everyone can afford. Because at the present state i think im canceling out all plans of internet games. Because lets face it. These pay per month packages are just not enough.
Sun 21/10/01 at 21:41
Regular
"It goes so quickly"
Yeah i heard that too????

Anyway, I've got a 56k modem, pretty slow for games (well, never actualy tried it, so I'll beleive you), so just do what I do and play the games in college (School for you)..... saves money.. and work :o).
Sun 21/10/01 at 21:40
Regular
"IT'S ALIVE!!"
Internet lag is in the eye of the beyholder, be happy you have the internet.
broadband is great, if you can afford it your lucky, if you can afford it and live within the cable regions your even luckier!
the good thing about broadband is, that you get another 'phone line' great! anyway, I have a 56k modem, it works fine most of the time, it keeps me happy, but then i don't play many online games like most of you.
Anyway, maybe if you change your server it will be faster, e.g. if your on Freeserve or Supanet change to blueyonder, it's £10 a month for unlimited internet calls! I think that's pretty darn good + it's fast and has a great connection speed....I won't go on.
Sun 21/10/01 at 21:30
Yeah sounds bad. I know this may sound very stuipid but apparently a 28.8 k modem can sometimes be faster and cause less alg on a game!!!
Sun 21/10/01 at 17:54
Regular
"Oi you- sort it out"
I have a 28.8k modem. :(
Sun 21/10/01 at 17:47
Regular
"Digging!"
but broadband goes up to 10mb per sec!
Sun 21/10/01 at 17:46
Regular
"Digging!"
i have an isdn 128k modem
Sun 21/10/01 at 16:42
As a kid of 15 i cant afford to pay for broadband internet or adsl internet connection. So my internet connection has to stay at a mere 56k modem. Im not sure how many of you have what connection but as you know playing games like counterstrike can seem a pointless proccess. Just as soon as you finally connect. Abuse is thrown at you left, right and centre! You are either asked to leave or are just kicked form the game. Maybe one day a new connection will be released. A connection that everyone can afford. Because at the present state i think im canceling out all plans of internet games. Because lets face it. These pay per month packages are just not enough.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.