GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Disposable income"

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 21/10/01 at 15:04
Regular
From an unhealthy desrie to buy stuff with notes, never coins, you can accumulate quite a lot of small change pretty quickly.

From an inability to be bothered to take said coins down to the bank you can end up with pretty large amounts of money in not too much time.

Hence in just a few months i now have 80 POUNDS (if you saw one of my other threads) sitting in those little bags the banks have.

Plan A - take it to the bank. No, i can get by with the money in the bank at the moment, i just budget to what i can afford, and if that included this money it'd just be chucked away without getting much out of it.

Plan B - hold onto it for christmas presents for people. Probably the sensible thing to do, but i don't see myself having the willpower. And i can always find money for christmas presents someplace else.

Plan C - blow it on something i don't need as such, but would like. This is more my kind of plan!

The point of this,
If you had the disposable income (lets top it up to 100 'POUNDS'), what would you do with it?

(I'm tempted towards GBA myself...)
Thu 25/10/01 at 03:40
Regular
How many monkeys with typewriters could i afford for 100 quid? Probably cheaper to but the shakespear book thinking about it...
Thu 25/10/01 at 00:01
Regular
"I'm not Orgazmo"
please no fantasies on the Nintendo board...

;-)
Wed 24/10/01 at 23:42
Regular
hire 100 monkeys and dress them up and re-enact the battle of hastings
Tue 23/10/01 at 14:56
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
Dr. Duck wrote:
> Okay, now the water is dripping from 2 places, including directly above
> electrical sockets. After covering them up, there's not much more i can do,
> except turn everything off, unplug it all and hope i don't get
> electrocuted.
Does anyone remember the video to outkast's ms jackson?

I'm
> off to unplug the computer and find stuff i can deal with getting soaked to try
> to cover the electrical sockets properly...

Oh s***, what about the light?

Oh dear, i think you should complain to someone about that, clearly the building is sub-standard, and a water hazard!
Mon 22/10/01 at 21:44
Regular
Okay, now the water is dripping from 2 places, including directly above electrical sockets. After covering them up, there's not much more i can do, except turn everything off, unplug it all and hope i don't get electrocuted.
Does anyone remember the video to outkast's ms jackson?

I'm off to unplug the computer and find stuff i can deal with getting soaked to try to cover the electrical sockets properly...

Oh s***, what about the light?
Mon 22/10/01 at 21:27
Regular
Hmmm,
the breakfast sounded good, but literally one minute ago, while reading this, i noticed an odd noise, which i couldn't place. Further inspection indicates that i'll be too busy trying to get someone to fix the water dripping through the dodgy new crack in my ceiling.
And in the short term, i guess i'll be deciding whether to sleep with my head under the drip or on the radiator... or move my bed and sleep with my face or my feet in the damp bit of my matress.
And the dripping noise...
Chinese water torture, don't you just love student accomodation
Mon 22/10/01 at 16:51
Regular
"Devotion 2The Ocean"
Yup yup! Gotta love the crunchyness!

:)
Mon 22/10/01 at 15:40
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
Cooky wrote:
> So you push em down into the milk so that they soften up a bit first, before
> shovelling them into your mouth then!!!

I could do that, but i like them when they are crunchy, there is something satisfying about munching through a crunchy cereal.
Mon 22/10/01 at 14:27
Regular
"Devotion 2The Ocean"
So you push em down into the milk so that they soften up a bit first, before shovelling them into your mouth then!!!

Mon 22/10/01 at 13:35
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
Cooky wrote:
> Yer man! I haven't had em in about a month but Coco Pops for sure!

Or maybe
> Weetos!

Weetos are awesome. but they always cut either my gums or my pallette :(

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.