GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Gaming"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 21/10/01 at 14:02
Regular
What is it about games that really appeals to us. Is it the fact that we're all used to the idea of playing the computer as soon as we wake up or because of the many tasks some games oofer and you just feel you must finish it? These are all realistic thoughts to what really gets us about gaming.

It all started on one sunny, summer afternoon sometime in the 80s where a new type of entertainment was created. This enertainment is today known as gaming. This was a different sort of entertainment altogether from the usual music and film entertainment. It offered us all the thrills and excitement from the other entertainments and more. It was basically nothing anyone had seen before, catching everyones eyes as being revolutionary from the original YABASIC games. With gaming you could actually control what you see on the screen instead of just sitting, watching to see what happens. You make the moves you want in whatever kind of environments you wanted. This was gaming!

But gaming wasn't just there for fun in the beginning, companies knew that it would appeal to most people and it was a great money-making development. So both Nintendo and Sega produced what they called a console.

Nintendo - NES SNES & N64
Sega - Mega Drive I&II Saturn & Dreamcast

Obviously, these developers had made certain improvements in both the speed and graphics of the consoles produced or else there would've been no point in these new consoles ever being released. They knew that gaming fans had grown huge interest in the new world of entertainment and they knew the certain demands of these fanatics. They wanted great graphics and great gameplay. Developers today are working on these essentials in games they create, but also on the storyline of games. Most games available to us have their own storylines, some good some bad.

Games have grabbed a part of our lives and made it into something unique. Just sitting and playing a game gives some kind of thrill towards the player, especially when it's new. I think the reason this is is because of the fascination games exert. You can sometimes just sit there and admire some games because of how amazingly realistic some games can. A very good example of such a game would be Gran Turismo 3, the real driving simulator. This is the sort of game most people find breathtaking. The graphics, cars and surroundings are mind-blowingly realistic. The sun glares into your eyes and the trees shiver as you speed past them, these are the effects certain games give. It's games like this that the games industry owe it all to.

As games improve so does the interest of gamers towards games. Games give you the opportunity to do what you can't do in real life. It gives you a whole new experience and emotion. Sometimes you can be uptight about some things, so you put your computer on and start to play. You can't help but be happy. Games just have that certain touch towards us humans that nothing else can offer, which is great!

Years have gone by and games have kept on improving to suit our needs. Gaming is the ultimate exhilirator due to many great games created. We gamers owe it all to developers in the gaming industry, it's because of their efforts that we can enjoy great games available today.
Sun 21/10/01 at 14:02
Regular
"Being Ignorant"
What is it about games that really appeals to us. Is it the fact that we're all used to the idea of playing the computer as soon as we wake up or because of the many tasks some games oofer and you just feel you must finish it? These are all realistic thoughts to what really gets us about gaming.

It all started on one sunny, summer afternoon sometime in the 80s where a new type of entertainment was created. This enertainment is today known as gaming. This was a different sort of entertainment altogether from the usual music and film entertainment. It offered us all the thrills and excitement from the other entertainments and more. It was basically nothing anyone had seen before, catching everyones eyes as being revolutionary from the original YABASIC games. With gaming you could actually control what you see on the screen instead of just sitting, watching to see what happens. You make the moves you want in whatever kind of environments you wanted. This was gaming!

But gaming wasn't just there for fun in the beginning, companies knew that it would appeal to most people and it was a great money-making development. So both Nintendo and Sega produced what they called a console.

Nintendo - NES SNES & N64
Sega - Mega Drive I&II Saturn & Dreamcast

Obviously, these developers had made certain improvements in both the speed and graphics of the consoles produced or else there would've been no point in these new consoles ever being released. They knew that gaming fans had grown huge interest in the new world of entertainment and they knew the certain demands of these fanatics. They wanted great graphics and great gameplay. Developers today are working on these essentials in games they create, but also on the storyline of games. Most games available to us have their own storylines, some good some bad.

Games have grabbed a part of our lives and made it into something unique. Just sitting and playing a game gives some kind of thrill towards the player, especially when it's new. I think the reason this is is because of the fascination games exert. You can sometimes just sit there and admire some games because of how amazingly realistic some games can. A very good example of such a game would be Gran Turismo 3, the real driving simulator. This is the sort of game most people find breathtaking. The graphics, cars and surroundings are mind-blowingly realistic. The sun glares into your eyes and the trees shiver as you speed past them, these are the effects certain games give. It's games like this that the games industry owe it all to.

As games improve so does the interest of gamers towards games. Games give you the opportunity to do what you can't do in real life. It gives you a whole new experience and emotion. Sometimes you can be uptight about some things, so you put your computer on and start to play. You can't help but be happy. Games just have that certain touch towards us humans that nothing else can offer, which is great!

Years have gone by and games have kept on improving to suit our needs. Gaming is the ultimate exhilirator due to many great games created. We gamers owe it all to developers in the gaming industry, it's because of their efforts that we can enjoy great games available today.
Sun 21/10/01 at 14:49
Regular
"Oi you- sort it out"
I like the fact that I can sit infront of my TV and have hours of fun playing challanging games. I like the way I get involved in the action rather than just watching, like a film.
Sun 21/10/01 at 14:52
Regular
"Wasting away"
With a film they can make you involved but in a different way, but with games it is so that you control that persons destiny and that is what makes them better. You must have felt your heart beating when on the last level you're up against the last boss, or you're just about to complete the game.

Ever since the PS technology has come along so quick and there seems like there is no turning back. Technology has made all of this possible and we now expect more from games. God Bless those men and women who made those consoles to start it all off though.
Sun 21/10/01 at 18:16
does anybody have a copy of director of football if so could you tell me what the registration number is out of the manual because i have lost mine
Sun 21/10/01 at 18:26
akapeng wrote:
> does anybody have a copy of director of football if so could you tell me what
> the registration number is out of the manual because i have lost mine

Mmm...sounds a little suspiscious to me!
Sun 21/10/01 at 18:28
Regular
"( . ) ( . )"
akapeng wrote:
> does anybody have a copy of director of football if so could you tell me what
> the registration number is out of the manual because i have lost mine

Post it somewhere else mate.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.