GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Dolphin-is it Nintendos last console?"

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 01/08/00 at 04:07
Regular
I have recently heard people talking about the Dolphin as it is the last console Nintendo will be producing. I would like to set the record straight this is not Nintendos last console, i know this because if you read the Dolphin's specifications on this site you will find out that it is a better console than the PS2, actually i'll tell you why, it's 128 bit which is the same as the PS2, It is 400MHz which is 100MHz faster than the PS2, the Dolphin's graphics processor is being created by ArtX and will have a clock speed of 200MHz whereas the PS2's graphics processor is going to have a clock speed of 147MHz just over 50MHz difference, nothing has been said about the Dolphin's polygon count but it is rumoured that it is going to be more than the PS2's 75 000 000 polygons per second. The Dolphin now has the 3rd party support unlike the N64 had and supposedly and they are ditching the cartridges and changing to DVD and the discs are easier write for than on the PS2 so more companies should be moving over to Nintendo, it has not been confirmed yet but the Dolphin will most probably have four controller ports whereas the PS2 is only having two. The only mistake Nintendo have made in this console is that it is being released to long after the PS2 again. So all you Dolphin doubters you should never judge a book buy it's cover, only judge it if you have read into it.
Tue 01/08/00 at 20:21
Hi! It's Edgy here!

Although what you are saying is probably true, no information about Nintendo Dolphin or Gameboy Advance has been officially given out to anybody. Dolphin in fact is just a codename at the moment!

I agree that Dolphin is probably gonna be the best console yet and it should have 4 cont. ports as N64 did.

Gameboy advance is also another console coming out by Nintendo so Dolphin isn't the last console at all.

To get latest news on Dolphin, check out my website www.smartgroups.com/groups/Nintyrules
Tue 01/08/00 at 08:59
Regular
"not dead"
Nintendo have always released superior consoles to there rivals, but I do agree that they need to get the Dolphin released sooner rather than later, else they will loose out to everyones desire to have what's around NOW! Also having any less than 4 controller ports would be a step backwards, nothing beats a good multiplayer game!
Tue 01/08/00 at 04:07
I have recently heard people talking about the Dolphin as it is the last console Nintendo will be producing. I would like to set the record straight this is not Nintendos last console, i know this because if you read the Dolphin's specifications on this site you will find out that it is a better console than the PS2, actually i'll tell you why, it's 128 bit which is the same as the PS2, It is 400MHz which is 100MHz faster than the PS2, the Dolphin's graphics processor is being created by ArtX and will have a clock speed of 200MHz whereas the PS2's graphics processor is going to have a clock speed of 147MHz just over 50MHz difference, nothing has been said about the Dolphin's polygon count but it is rumoured that it is going to be more than the PS2's 75 000 000 polygons per second. The Dolphin now has the 3rd party support unlike the N64 had and supposedly and they are ditching the cartridges and changing to DVD and the discs are easier write for than on the PS2 so more companies should be moving over to Nintendo, it has not been confirmed yet but the Dolphin will most probably have four controller ports whereas the PS2 is only having two. The only mistake Nintendo have made in this console is that it is being released to long after the PS2 again. So all you Dolphin doubters you should never judge a book buy it's cover, only judge it if you have read into it.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.