GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Turbonutter's logo competition: WINNERS ANNOUNCED!"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 21/10/01 at 01:35
Regular
I'll judge the best one from Reaper and Tyla, as those appear to be the best entries:

Reaper[oV]: Top right logo: http://www.eastment.com/ov/sr/logos.htm

I liked this logo. It was one of the very few logos that actually met one of the most important requirements, minimalistic. It's simple and gets the message across, which is what it's supposed to do.

ï Style: 9/10
ï Clarity: 5/5
ï Cleanliness: 4/5

Overall: 18/20

Tyla: Bottom left logo: http://www.tyla.org.uk/SDLogos.htm

This was also very nice, and I liked the colours. However, it loses lots of pints in the clarity category for totally failing to mention mail order GAMES!

ï Style: 8/10
ï Clarity: 2/5
ï Cleanliness: 5/5

Overall: 15/20

SO THE WINNER IS: REAPER[OV]!

Well done to Phil, you now have a free DVD of your choice. Also well done to everyone else that entered. The standard was surprisingly high. Second place was Tyla, runners up were InsomniaoV (Luke) and Whooo Style (Andi).
Sun 21/10/01 at 01:35
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
I'll judge the best one from Reaper and Tyla, as those appear to be the best entries:

Reaper[oV]: Top right logo: http://www.eastment.com/ov/sr/logos.htm

I liked this logo. It was one of the very few logos that actually met one of the most important requirements, minimalistic. It's simple and gets the message across, which is what it's supposed to do.

ï Style: 9/10
ï Clarity: 5/5
ï Cleanliness: 4/5

Overall: 18/20

Tyla: Bottom left logo: http://www.tyla.org.uk/SDLogos.htm

This was also very nice, and I liked the colours. However, it loses lots of pints in the clarity category for totally failing to mention mail order GAMES!

ï Style: 8/10
ï Clarity: 2/5
ï Cleanliness: 5/5

Overall: 15/20

SO THE WINNER IS: REAPER[OV]!

Well done to Phil, you now have a free DVD of your choice. Also well done to everyone else that entered. The standard was surprisingly high. Second place was Tyla, runners up were InsomniaoV (Luke) and Whooo Style (Andi).
Sun 21/10/01 at 10:49
Regular
Well Done Reaper, and unlucky Tyla.

All your logos were top notch, baic layout, but really stood out.

Thats my problem. I seem to make my logos to compact, and then they tend to look messy.

Im only using Paintbrush at the moment and I really want to get a decent program for graphic drawing.

What did you use to make the logos?
And how much does the program cost?

Thanks Alot.
Sun 21/10/01 at 11:07
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
Reaper used Photoshop. GO to Adobe.com and check out the price.
Mon 22/10/01 at 08:22
Regular
"l33t cs50r"
I used Fireworks and alot of downloaded fonts!! Though one was created in Illustrator due to a font handling problem in FW? The compression engine in FW is much better that that in PhotoShop!
Mon 22/10/01 at 08:25
Regular
"l33t cs50r"
Whoo hoo!! 2nd Place!! B****r!! Next time I shall read things properly... That'll teach me to rush things in a 10 minute fag break at work!!

Well done to the winner... Nice and clean...

'till next time!!
Mon 22/10/01 at 14:09
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
Yeah, until next time!
Mon 22/10/01 at 16:11
Regular
"Back from the dead!"
I would like to take this opportunity to thank Turbonutter for donating his FAD to this comp. It showed true community spirit.

And also take the opportunity to ask other FAD winners to do the same. This forum never gets any winners as it is not mass appeal. I will certainly run one on the next FAD I win.

Cheers Turbo!
Mon 22/10/01 at 18:02
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
Heh, no probs.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.