GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Please help me - thanks"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 15/06/03 at 14:15
Regular
I have SOCOM on PS2. I can connect fine to PS2 Central Station, but when I want to go online with SOCOM, it says "Cannot connect to SOCOM server"

PlayStation have told me that their SOCOM Server is up and running.
What else could be the problem?

Is it because I have ports that need to be opened in order to play?
I have tried the above, but maybe I went wrong with the numbers or perhaps I have not enabled the ICMP correctly. If anyhone knows this sort of thing, please kindly help me.

Has anyone else encountered such a problem with SOCOM?

Much appreciate your help.

Thanks.
Sun 15/06/03 at 19:13
Regular
"Fly like the wind"
sPiKeCaSt wrote:
> How is your PS2 set up? directly to the modem? whcih company you with?
> have you read the setup guides on Playstation.co.uk?

------------

I have made a succesful connection using HomeChoise - my ISP

It's a 1 MB ADSL USB connection.

Everything works great on the Central Network. What's also funny is that I have got a succesful TEST on the SOCOM game menu for the network setup - if this test in SOCOM is successful, should it not be a successful connection to the online network for SOCOM as well?

Thanks.
Sun 15/06/03 at 19:11
Regular
"Fly like the wind"
Jive wrote:
> Wow...401 days old and 27 post Newbie, must be a record :)
>

=--====

Yeah lol

I have been away - also, I have another name which I never use on the forums

thanks mate
Sun 15/06/03 at 17:15
Regular
"Touched!"
How is your PS2 set up? directly to the modem? whcih company you with? have you read the setup guides on Playstation.co.uk?
Sun 15/06/03 at 17:14
Regular
"Cigar smoker"
Wow...401 days old and 27 post Newbie, must be a record :)

You might want to look at the numerous threads in this forum for an explanation of what you need.
Sun 15/06/03 at 14:15
Regular
"Fly like the wind"
I have SOCOM on PS2. I can connect fine to PS2 Central Station, but when I want to go online with SOCOM, it says "Cannot connect to SOCOM server"

PlayStation have told me that their SOCOM Server is up and running.
What else could be the problem?

Is it because I have ports that need to be opened in order to play?
I have tried the above, but maybe I went wrong with the numbers or perhaps I have not enabled the ICMP correctly. If anyhone knows this sort of thing, please kindly help me.

Has anyone else encountered such a problem with SOCOM?

Much appreciate your help.

Thanks.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.