GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"It's hip to be square!?!"

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 02/08/00 at 12:38
Regular
If the Dolphin is to be truley successful then it will need to have great games, and who makes greater games than Squaresoft! They released some fantastic stuff for the SNES, they created the Final Fantasy saga. Then didn't produce for the N64 and RPG's are the one thing that it lacks. So get Square involved, please!
Wed 02/08/00 at 12:38
Regular
"not dead"
If the Dolphin is to be truley successful then it will need to have great games, and who makes greater games than Squaresoft! They released some fantastic stuff for the SNES, they created the Final Fantasy saga. Then didn't produce for the N64 and RPG's are the one thing that it lacks. So get Square involved, please!
Wed 02/08/00 at 18:47
Regular
"Back in black"
why get squarel when nintendo has RARE. for goid sakes, who is better than them!
Wed 02/08/00 at 19:17
What about Zelda: Ocarina of Time?
What about Zelda: Majura's Mask?
Wed 02/08/00 at 19:19
I agree, they made the Donkey Kong series for SNES and Gameboy and Donkey Kong 64. They also made Perfect Dark and Goldeneye
Thu 03/08/00 at 10:35
Regular
"not dead"
...Look at the amount of quality RPG's on the SNES: Zelda A Link To The Past, Secret Of Mana, Illusion of Time, Shadowrun, Chrono Trigger. I can only think of 2 that are currently available on the N64, Zelda (fantastic) & Holy Magic Century (not that good). Nintendo and Rare do make top quality games, so another top developer would mean more great games for the Dolphin.
Thu 03/08/00 at 20:32
yeah the more exelent developers behind the Dolphin the better with Nintendo, Rare and square who knows what we could be getting.
if the Final Fantasy series comes to dolphin Sony will be left high and dry
Fri 04/08/00 at 03:38
Good news mate Nintendo could be in the middle of signing a contract with Square themselves. The only reason Square didn't make games for the N64 was that they only wanted to create games on discs because cartridges took to much time and money and can not hold as much as CD's (FF7 3discs & FF8 are 4discs) imagine how long this would take them and how much money it would need put in to them. How much money would you think it would cost you? One cartridge is around fifty quid at the moment and FF7&FF8 would need about 5 or six cartridges so you can imagine how much this would set you back. There would be no point releasing it if no one could afford to buy it so now you should see why square didn't create games for the N64 and why they most probably are now.

I hope this has helped you

snakeboy

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.