GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Playing games with Dolly!!"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 19/10/01 at 18:13
Regular
I trust youíve all heard of Dolly the cloned sheep. That got me thinking of genetically modified organisms and their usefulness in the future of game playing. Can you imagine playing with elongated thumbs (just think of the button combinations that would be possible) or multi faceted eyes (so u could see soooo much more)? You would be an unstoppable game player. Are there any adaptations that you would personally opt for if it were possible to have it done? (Donít forget the drawbacks though)I trust youíve all heard of Dolly the cloned sheep. That got me thinking of genetically modified organisms and their usefulness in the future of game playing. Can you imagine playing with elongated thumbs (just think of the button combinations that would be possible) or multi faceted eyes (so u could see soooo much more)? You would be an unstoppable game player. Are there any adaptations that you would personally opt for if it were possible to have it done? (Donít forget the drawbacks though)
Sat 20/10/01 at 13:01
I'd love to see it happen.
Sat 20/10/01 at 09:36
Regular
""
Sheet wrote:
> Well, I wouldn't want to live to the time to when the sun burns out, ending all
> exsistence.

Me spamming Huh!
Sat 20/10/01 at 09:26
Well, I wouldn't want to live to the time to when the sun burns out, ending all exsistence.
Sat 20/10/01 at 09:21
"period drama"
i think everyone is taking this a little to seriously.

it's not gonna happen when we are alive.

why would anyone makes extra parts just for gaming

who would want any extra body parts stuck onto them just so they can play games better.

Sat 20/10/01 at 09:08
Regular
"Wasting away"
Why would you want genetically modified exra pieces of body? And espically for gaming? Seems a bit pointless if you ask me, after all where is the skill in that? The whole point of most games is to become a pro at them and then you take on the world, the whole fun in multiplayer.

So when it comes to this it would create an unfair advantage and when you go to play people multiplayer then the richest would win. I can see the point in replacement hearts and brains, as a way of retreving the dead. But even then would you want to come back from the dead when your 103 years old?
Sat 20/10/01 at 09:02
Regular
""
Yes. Smile and nod and walk to the door.
Sat 20/10/01 at 00:09
Oh my word. This topic is just too good not to take seriously.

Well, it's a bit futile considering possible permutations of genetical modifications because unless we're talking artificial experiments here, then humans evolving into some sort of uber-gamesplayers is not going to happen. The reason being that evolution happens because every so often, a random mutation gives one member of a species an advantage over the rest, resulting in its survival and the others' decline.

Unfortunately, games don't do that - they don't deny unmutated members of the species the chance to live much longer. Unless we're thinking of creating some sort of deadly game which kills the losers, in which case, that'd be a waste of thirty quid for most people.

Of course, we're bound to be much better as a species at playing games than any other alien culture we might encounter, because after all, we invented them. I can't really see the gigantic blob from Sector 59 doing too well on Mario Kart: partly due to the fact that he hasn't got opposable thumbs, but mainly because he chose Toad.

I'm going to have to stop before this caffeine overload gets the better of me.
Sat 20/10/01 at 00:00
Regular
"Jags is teh l33t"
interesting.

ah well it will not happen in our lifetimes so no point discussing really.

sorry about putting it down.

Its an origional topic though.
Fri 19/10/01 at 18:13
Regular
"May Contain Nuts"
I trust youíve all heard of Dolly the cloned sheep. That got me thinking of genetically modified organisms and their usefulness in the future of game playing. Can you imagine playing with elongated thumbs (just think of the button combinations that would be possible) or multi faceted eyes (so u could see soooo much more)? You would be an unstoppable game player. Are there any adaptations that you would personally opt for if it were possible to have it done? (Donít forget the drawbacks though)I trust youíve all heard of Dolly the cloned sheep. That got me thinking of genetically modified organisms and their usefulness in the future of game playing. Can you imagine playing with elongated thumbs (just think of the button combinations that would be possible) or multi faceted eyes (so u could see soooo much more)? You would be an unstoppable game player. Are there any adaptations that you would personally opt for if it were possible to have it done? (Donít forget the drawbacks though)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.