GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Thou Shall All Play Animal Crossing"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Animal Crossing'.
Tue 17/06/03 at 10:45
Regular
Never really looked into this game, probably because it wasn't coming out over here etc, but I heard the fuss. Oh yes, I heard the fuss.

Now, you see, I know what all the fuss is about, I haven't played a game like Animal Crossing in ages. In fact, I don't think I ever have. Now I'm just totally puzzled at why Nintendo decided not to bring it to our shores, if anyone can fill me in that would be great. Is it that Europeans don't like unique games or what?

The worse aspects of the game have to be switching from Freeloader to the Animal Crossing game disc, but on the gameplay side of things theres really only one thing that bothers me. Some of the tasks that you do for the villagers can get a tad repeative and most of the time see you running from one villager to the next in search of an item the first villager lent out. But then again, you'll always get a random prize afterwards to add to your home etc. Also, as time go's on you'll find yourself playing in shorter periods, but you'll always come back to the game, everyday, just to check the shop, the lost property place and just to find out what events are going on in the town. Every Sunday theres a Fishing Tournament, new people are always moving in, theres a calander listing what events are going on in the town. I think it's Def Town day soon, then a Fireworks show.

Let a friend or family member join your Animal Crossing town and it becomes quite a exprience. I knew my Sister would like this type of game, so I let her join. Shes been playing it more then I have, mostly because I don't get the chance to play it much with her on it. You can send each other letters of hate, or love by adding a gift of some kind. I sent her a Mr. Frog T-Shirt as she use to draw Mr. Frog all the time, she'll like that. But get this, I dug up a Swimming Pool, muhhaha. Oh thats another bad thing, some items can be interacted with but many can't, they are jsut there to be displayed in your growing home.

I could talk about alot of things in Animal Crossing which I haven't talked about here, ALOT. It's really just a breath of fresh air to play in todays gaming world and it doesn't demand much so it's relaxing. I love this games credit screen, which you can only see each Saturday, I don't want to talk about much on this game because I don't want to spoil its delights.

If you can, just import it. Or swap it like I did with someone like RM18 :-)

Now that shop is suppose to be re=opening today after an expansion and I've got alot of cash to buy stuff. Ciao.
Wed 18/06/03 at 23:17
"Uzi Lover"
Legendary Link wrote:
> I feel that i would prob get the game, play it constantly for a few
> days and then get bored, aint it like never ending?

I played it quite alot for the first two days then its strange because unlike other games you don't think "I'm bored now" instead you just turn off and wait until the next day to play again when there will be stuff for you to do and more surprises.
Wed 18/06/03 at 22:51
Regular
I had a lot of fun designing a Nazi T-Shirt and hat and then running around hitting the villagers with a spade.
Wed 18/06/03 at 21:35
Regular
I feel that i would prob get the game, play it constantly for a few days and then get bored, aint it like never ending?

Wow! is anyone watching tonight with Jay Leno?
Look at drew barrymores nipples!!
Wed 18/06/03 at 21:34
Regular
:D

I went forward and backwards in time.

To Christmas.

In MArch.
Wed 18/06/03 at 21:22
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
The animals all got annoyed at me because I didn't play the game for 2 months.

Ha.
Wed 18/06/03 at 21:19
Regular
YOu make me want to buy it.

Again.
Wed 18/06/03 at 02:33
Regular
"sweats salad dressi"
I luv you
Tue 17/06/03 at 10:47
"Uzi Lover"
And I totally done this in the wrong forum...doh.
Tue 17/06/03 at 10:45
"Uzi Lover"
Never really looked into this game, probably because it wasn't coming out over here etc, but I heard the fuss. Oh yes, I heard the fuss.

Now, you see, I know what all the fuss is about, I haven't played a game like Animal Crossing in ages. In fact, I don't think I ever have. Now I'm just totally puzzled at why Nintendo decided not to bring it to our shores, if anyone can fill me in that would be great. Is it that Europeans don't like unique games or what?

The worse aspects of the game have to be switching from Freeloader to the Animal Crossing game disc, but on the gameplay side of things theres really only one thing that bothers me. Some of the tasks that you do for the villagers can get a tad repeative and most of the time see you running from one villager to the next in search of an item the first villager lent out. But then again, you'll always get a random prize afterwards to add to your home etc. Also, as time go's on you'll find yourself playing in shorter periods, but you'll always come back to the game, everyday, just to check the shop, the lost property place and just to find out what events are going on in the town. Every Sunday theres a Fishing Tournament, new people are always moving in, theres a calander listing what events are going on in the town. I think it's Def Town day soon, then a Fireworks show.

Let a friend or family member join your Animal Crossing town and it becomes quite a exprience. I knew my Sister would like this type of game, so I let her join. Shes been playing it more then I have, mostly because I don't get the chance to play it much with her on it. You can send each other letters of hate, or love by adding a gift of some kind. I sent her a Mr. Frog T-Shirt as she use to draw Mr. Frog all the time, she'll like that. But get this, I dug up a Swimming Pool, muhhaha. Oh thats another bad thing, some items can be interacted with but many can't, they are jsut there to be displayed in your growing home.

I could talk about alot of things in Animal Crossing which I haven't talked about here, ALOT. It's really just a breath of fresh air to play in todays gaming world and it doesn't demand much so it's relaxing. I love this games credit screen, which you can only see each Saturday, I don't want to talk about much on this game because I don't want to spoil its delights.

If you can, just import it. Or swap it like I did with someone like RM18 :-)

Now that shop is suppose to be re=opening today after an expansion and I've got alot of cash to buy stuff. Ciao.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10
Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.