GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The Phantom Console!"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 18/06/03 at 10:04
Regular
Not sure if this has been started in any topic yet i have had a qik scim through to see but could not see anything!

There has been so much up roar about this so called console, and there as been discussion after discussion about wether or not it is a Hoax or is it genuinely going to be a new release. This console so far known as The Phantom is apparently going to be the first to offer a 2.4 GHz wireless controller along with the ability to add-on additional wireless controls, racing steering wheels, joysticks, keyboard and mouse.
The Phantom console also,
•Being the most robust gaming console •A state of the art design and architecture •A large number of preloaded games that appeal to a wide variety of users and to their specific gaming needs •Online connectivity for multi player gaming •The ability to play against PC gamers online •Seamless upgrades and patch management •A multi tiered subscription service that meets the needs of casual, moderate and hard-core game players •The opportunity to demo games before purchasing or subscribing •The opportunity to play Games on Demand •The ability to Pay Per Play or Rent a game •Choices of Over 50,000 Games •Choices of Over 5,000 Multi-Player Games •The ability of Cross Platform Gaming, that is, Phantom Players versus PC players.

Infinium Labs is the company related to this console.

I did email infinium labs not so long ago and they emailed me this....

**********Thanks for your email. The Phantom is not a hoax and will hit the markets in Q1 of 2004. We are on track and working at a frantic pace. Look forward to hearing from you in the future and stay tuned to our news for upcoming stories on our developments.**********
They have agreed to keep me informed of there news on this console.

but wat do the rest of you think!!!
Wed 18/06/03 at 11:16
Regular
"8==="
Unbeliever wrote:
> Without reliable sources of information and official tech specs, it's
> sounds like a complete dud. There isn't enough room in the console
> market for another new console.

There is. Thet need to a 'Microsoft' and expect to make a loss to get themselves a good userbase. If one of the larger movie companies is behind this (or AOL/Warner) they have deep enough pockets.

I say this because the movie companies finally woke up when the games industry started earning more money than the movie industry.

Personally I want it to be either Phillips or a resurfaced Acorn (Hey I can dream!)

Or another EA console which I would love to see bomb again.
Wed 18/06/03 at 11:03
"I love yo... lamp."
If it does actually come to anything and does get released here, I think I would get one. It sounds pretty good to me.

But 50000 games? Even the PS and PS2 combined don't have that many. Which makes me think it might play PC games, which if it beats the DISCover to market, would render it useless. Imagine 5 consoles...
Wed 18/06/03 at 10:50
Regular
"joypadjunkies.com"
http://www.infiniumlabs.com
Wed 18/06/03 at 10:42
Regular
"poo poo for you!"
ROM files being tranferred over the internet? isnt that a bit of a risk?
Wed 18/06/03 at 10:29
Regular
"Brownium Motion"
Without reliable sources of information and official tech specs, it's sounds like a complete dud. There isn't enough room in the console market for another new console.
Wed 18/06/03 at 10:04
Regular
"joypadjunkies.com"
Not sure if this has been started in any topic yet i have had a qik scim through to see but could not see anything!

There has been so much up roar about this so called console, and there as been discussion after discussion about wether or not it is a Hoax or is it genuinely going to be a new release. This console so far known as The Phantom is apparently going to be the first to offer a 2.4 GHz wireless controller along with the ability to add-on additional wireless controls, racing steering wheels, joysticks, keyboard and mouse.
The Phantom console also,
•Being the most robust gaming console •A state of the art design and architecture •A large number of preloaded games that appeal to a wide variety of users and to their specific gaming needs •Online connectivity for multi player gaming •The ability to play against PC gamers online •Seamless upgrades and patch management •A multi tiered subscription service that meets the needs of casual, moderate and hard-core game players •The opportunity to demo games before purchasing or subscribing •The opportunity to play Games on Demand •The ability to Pay Per Play or Rent a game •Choices of Over 50,000 Games •Choices of Over 5,000 Multi-Player Games •The ability of Cross Platform Gaming, that is, Phantom Players versus PC players.

Infinium Labs is the company related to this console.

I did email infinium labs not so long ago and they emailed me this....

**********Thanks for your email. The Phantom is not a hoax and will hit the markets in Q1 of 2004. We are on track and working at a frantic pace. Look forward to hearing from you in the future and stay tuned to our news for upcoming stories on our developments.**********
They have agreed to keep me informed of there news on this console.

but wat do the rest of you think!!!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.