GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The dreaded F word"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 18/06/03 at 16:33
Regular
Picture the scene .... you return home from work/school to find your house has been ransacked, you notice your PS2 is still there but there is a post-it note on your tv screen which reads "I have stolen your memory card call 01234 567890 with an offer for it's safe return, beware you can only make one offer. If it's too low you memory card will be formatted (the F word) and returned to you. If the offer is sufficient I will return it no harm done" (It was a big post-it note).

So how much would you offer, what is your memory card worth to you ?
Wed 18/06/03 at 16:33
Regular
"Dont come here ofte"
Picture the scene .... you return home from work/school to find your house has been ransacked, you notice your PS2 is still there but there is a post-it note on your tv screen which reads "I have stolen your memory card call 01234 567890 with an offer for it's safe return, beware you can only make one offer. If it's too low you memory card will be formatted (the F word) and returned to you. If the offer is sufficient I will return it no harm done" (It was a big post-it note).

So how much would you offer, what is your memory card worth to you ?
Wed 18/06/03 at 16:36
Regular
"50 BLM,30 SMN,25 RD"
About £20. That's what they go for these days ain't it?
Wed 18/06/03 at 16:58
Regular
"Hallelujah"
I'd put the note down, go into my brothers room and take my memory card back : D
Wed 18/06/03 at 17:00
Regular
Garlic Bread!? wrote:
> I'd put the note down, go into my brothers room and take my memory
> card back : D

:cD
Wed 18/06/03 at 17:00
Regular
"mini that is"
i depends what saves are on the acrd and if i can be botherd to play the games again
Wed 18/06/03 at 17:01
Regular
"Brownium Motion"
I'd phone up and say, "Go to hell you thieving scumbag!" and promptly take out my backup memory card that I keep for situations such as these. If he steals that, I'll phone the police, get them to triangulate the number and storm his house! And kill him, naturally.
Wed 18/06/03 at 17:02
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Unbeliever wrote:
If he steals that, I'll phone the police, get them to
> triangulate the number and storm his house! And kill him, naturally.

Harsh but fair :D
Wed 18/06/03 at 17:03
Regular
"50 BLM,30 SMN,25 RD"
What's on a memory card that can't be regained by playing the game again? All I can think of is the Samba de Amigo extra songs for the Dreamcast, because the servers shut down long ago... but you can still download the files from sites like gamefaqs and so on.

You might lose high scores/lap times but that's just more of an incentive to play the games again.
Wed 18/06/03 at 17:27
Regular
"Dont come here ofte"
On Ikaruga (GC) you unlock certain parts of the game by playing for so many hours - can you imagine how long it would take to rack up 20 hours actual playing time on a shoot em up ! - and you can't pause it and the clock will carry on by the way. Plus GT3 saves, that would be the toughest, completing the game for a third time :( (I wiped my save game voluntarily just so I could do it a second time)
Wed 18/06/03 at 17:33
Regular
"I'm Great."
If it was my PS1 memory card with all my FF saves on it then I'd be rather peeved. As for my PS2 memory card I wouldn't mind that much, the only thing that would take me a lot of time would be my FF X data.

They can take my other PS1 memory card if it means leaving me my PS2. It's only got a few things like Tekken data and option file data for IIS Pro 98.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.