GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Noooooo not again!!!"

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 18/10/01 at 19:10
Regular
I am a big fan of nintendo, and have been ever since the NES! But the mistake Nintendo made with the N64 was making nearly every game cartoony & this put alot of people off as they thought it was childish (even tho most of them aint)! The less people that buy the console the less games that are made, so its bad for everyone. But they are doing it again, why are they falling into this trap!!!! Zelda was gona be a game alot of people wanted but now people dont want it because it is too cartoony now. Some of the games that I can think of off the top of my head that are cartoony are : Mario Sunshine, Zelda, Luigi's Mansion, Mario Kart, Donkey Kong Raccing, Pikmin, Super Monkey Ball, Super Smash Bros. Melee, Disney's Mickey, Sonic.

Dont get me wrong, these are all great games, but they need to be baccked up with more 'realistic' games such as Res. Evil & Perfect Dark. Other wise the cconsole will get another kiddie image which isnt good for anyone beside Sony & Microsoft etc.

Im still gona get a gamecube cos it the best out there, but I hope that they sort the image out, cos the look of the console already makes it look more kiddie! Also I hope that they will do more marketing, cos on the N64 there was hardly any adverts about!

Do you agree?
Thu 18/10/01 at 21:55
Nintendo seem to be good for catering for all ages. They launch stuff that appeals to all age groups then later bring out the more 18 rated stuff. This is to give the console a 'clean' image at launch and encourages people to buy for younger kids. So as well as looking out for their fans they also have employed a good marketing strategy! Let's hope it works as I'm sure we all want the Cube to do well. :)
Thu 18/10/01 at 19:39
Regular
"May Contain Nuts"
Oh yea dont get me wrong, there are loads of 'real' games one the console to, but they arent releasted till l8r on after the release! Its at the release that u want the mixture, to show that they are catering for all ages!
Thu 18/10/01 at 19:29
Regular
On the GameCube there will be a range of 'kiddie' games and real games so the GC owners will get the best of both!
Thu 18/10/01 at 19:24
Regular
The GameCube may have a 'kiddie image' but I think games like Super Smash Bros. Melee, Mario Sunshine, Pikmin (+ more of the 'kiddie games') will be great!
Thu 18/10/01 at 19:23
I agree that Nintendos decision to keep making 'kiddy' games does hurt their image. But I thought there will plently of alternatives on the Gamecube other than the cartoonish games.

It kind of baffles me that people dismiss games because of their look. Nintendo probably decided to keep their look because it's an identity and if they changed that they would not be 'Nintendo' anymore.

But there are a lot of people who like the cartoonish games. The xbox won't have many of these games, neither will the PS2 so the GC will be unique from its competition but at the same time have most of the games the other consoles will have.
Thu 18/10/01 at 19:10
Regular
"May Contain Nuts"
I am a big fan of nintendo, and have been ever since the NES! But the mistake Nintendo made with the N64 was making nearly every game cartoony & this put alot of people off as they thought it was childish (even tho most of them aint)! The less people that buy the console the less games that are made, so its bad for everyone. But they are doing it again, why are they falling into this trap!!!! Zelda was gona be a game alot of people wanted but now people dont want it because it is too cartoony now. Some of the games that I can think of off the top of my head that are cartoony are : Mario Sunshine, Zelda, Luigi's Mansion, Mario Kart, Donkey Kong Raccing, Pikmin, Super Monkey Ball, Super Smash Bros. Melee, Disney's Mickey, Sonic.

Dont get me wrong, these are all great games, but they need to be baccked up with more 'realistic' games such as Res. Evil & Perfect Dark. Other wise the cconsole will get another kiddie image which isnt good for anyone beside Sony & Microsoft etc.

Im still gona get a gamecube cos it the best out there, but I hope that they sort the image out, cos the look of the console already makes it look more kiddie! Also I hope that they will do more marketing, cos on the N64 there was hardly any adverts about!

Do you agree?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.