GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"What makes a good game to YOU?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 18/10/01 at 18:55
Regular
For me I think this is what makes a good game.

Playability.
Playability is what makes a game most for me. If you have a playable game it is much better than a game with super graphics and poor game play. Take gt3, now this is a good game, no doubt about it, with great graphics, but if you hit a wall you just bounce of with no damage. Now does this happen in real life? No. This takes away from the playability.

Graphics.
A game can be great with poor graphics, but it helps to have good graphics. If you canít see what you are doing then how are you supposed to play the game?

Console.
Consoles make a difference as well. If you donít like the controller then you are not going to like the game. My personal preference for console is the N64 but you may like the ps2, ps1, or Dreamcast more.

Sound.
You may have a great game but with dud music. To me the game has to have good music that is relevant and realistic sound affects. Zelda and Tony Hawks pro skater 2 have got it just right.

This is what I think makes a good game.

Post what you think makes a good game.
There have been no replies to this thread yet.
Thu 18/10/01 at 18:55
Regular
"Digging!"
For me I think this is what makes a good game.

Playability.
Playability is what makes a game most for me. If you have a playable game it is much better than a game with super graphics and poor game play. Take gt3, now this is a good game, no doubt about it, with great graphics, but if you hit a wall you just bounce of with no damage. Now does this happen in real life? No. This takes away from the playability.

Graphics.
A game can be great with poor graphics, but it helps to have good graphics. If you canít see what you are doing then how are you supposed to play the game?

Console.
Consoles make a difference as well. If you donít like the controller then you are not going to like the game. My personal preference for console is the N64 but you may like the ps2, ps1, or Dreamcast more.

Sound.
You may have a great game but with dud music. To me the game has to have good music that is relevant and realistic sound affects. Zelda and Tony Hawks pro skater 2 have got it just right.

This is what I think makes a good game.

Post what you think makes a good game.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.