GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Gamecube ordered"

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 18/10/01 at 18:07
Regular
Whoo hoo! Got my pre-order in at Gamestop, with six games (Luigi, Wave Race, Super Monkey Ball, Madden, Rouge Squadren and All Star Baseball), two conrollers and a memory card :)

One month to launch - can't wait. Only "problem" is that I've gone for a US machine - so all the game's I've claimed as GAD's from SR won't work on my Cube - my wee sis will be pleased when she inevitably picks up her UK GC and I hand her a pile of four games for nothing!

Just wondering - what do people think on the pre-ordering situation? Nintndo have totally messed it up, in my opinion. One month to go and they still refuse to tell US retails how many consoles they'll get - that's ludicrously bad planning. They're actively discouraging pre-orders too, may Nintendo want some of the PR friendly queues that weren't occuring in Japan because the pre-order process there was so efficient.

Another interesting thing to note - I can get an American company on the other side of an ocean to deliver me a console (in N. Ireland), transcending international boundaries, tax authorities and continents. However, SR can't manage to get a console to me and we're under the remit of the same postal service...
Thu 18/10/01 at 18:07
Regular
"Look!!! Changed!!!1"
Whoo hoo! Got my pre-order in at Gamestop, with six games (Luigi, Wave Race, Super Monkey Ball, Madden, Rouge Squadren and All Star Baseball), two conrollers and a memory card :)

One month to launch - can't wait. Only "problem" is that I've gone for a US machine - so all the game's I've claimed as GAD's from SR won't work on my Cube - my wee sis will be pleased when she inevitably picks up her UK GC and I hand her a pile of four games for nothing!

Just wondering - what do people think on the pre-ordering situation? Nintndo have totally messed it up, in my opinion. One month to go and they still refuse to tell US retails how many consoles they'll get - that's ludicrously bad planning. They're actively discouraging pre-orders too, may Nintendo want some of the PR friendly queues that weren't occuring in Japan because the pre-order process there was so efficient.

Another interesting thing to note - I can get an American company on the other side of an ocean to deliver me a console (in N. Ireland), transcending international boundaries, tax authorities and continents. However, SR can't manage to get a console to me and we're under the remit of the same postal service...
Thu 18/10/01 at 18:29
Regular
Why didn't you just wait for the UK release?

Ask SR if you can change your GAD prizes
Thu 18/10/01 at 20:14
Regular
Why can't people jus wait?
But I understand !!!
Thu 18/10/01 at 21:44
Regular
"Look!!! Changed!!!1"
Because I'd rather have the thing now than wait - the price difference will work out at almost nothing and I get my Gamecube now.

Don't want to ask Special Reserve to change the GADs as my sister will be happy with them. I didn't write the posts that won them hoping to get games, so if the unexpected bonus ends up going to my family rather then me I'm not too fussed, I'd be glad for the wee scamp to have my free games.
Thu 18/10/01 at 21:48
Aww, thats nice, and at least you'll know someone will be enjoying the games.
Thu 18/10/01 at 22:20
Regular
"Devotion 2The Ocean"
*sniff* *sniff* There's a tear in my eye!

;)
Fri 19/10/01 at 08:38
Dr Gonzo, be sure to tell us how you find the games and how the machine plays when you get it. We're all just slightly envious, I think! :)
Fri 19/10/01 at 11:16
Regular
"Look!!! Changed!!!1"
Oh I will - I think I may have to take a few days off Uni to sit at home and have some quality Ninty time :)
Fri 19/10/01 at 11:24
Good good, that's what I like to hear :)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.