GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Gameboy Advance - great or not"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 18/10/01 at 16:37
Regular
The new Gameboy Advance at £70-90 is quite expensive for a handheld console.But is it worth it? With 32 bit it is as powerful as a Playstation 1. Many games like Tony Hawks 2 and GT Advance championship shows the Gameboy Advance to be every bit as good as the Playstation 1. But games like GT championship and Jurassic park 3 do not do wonders for the Gameboy Advance's appearance.
So why is there this massive gap in quality of graphics and gameplay? The screen is much wider than the old Gameboy and Gameboy Colour and seems much clearer. The sound is ten times better than the tinny sound of the old Gameboy and Gameboy Colour.
You can also buy many cool add-ons like the FM radio and better speakers that plug into the bottom of the Gameboy Advance to make the sound even louder and clearer.
So what do you think, is the Gameboy Advance worth the money and is it as good as it is made out to be?
Thu 18/10/01 at 18:46
"period drama"
'every bit as good as ps1"

b****cks!

over priced and not actually that great.
BOO!
Thu 18/10/01 at 16:48
Regular
"Digging!"
i think yes it is
Thu 18/10/01 at 16:42
Regular
"[SE] Acetrooper"
Strafex wrote:
> The machine itself is worth the money but the games are over priced.

It might
> be 32 bit, but it's nowhere near as powerful as the playstation. It's just a bit
> better than the Snes.

Totally and utterly true, Strafex. If I could be bothered, I'd of replied with the something along those same lines ;-D

If you're wondering whether to buy a GBA or not, my answer in it's simplest form would be: Get one, definately worth the money.

SHOCKY
Thu 18/10/01 at 16:39
Regular
The machine itself is worth the money but the games are over priced.

It might be 32 bit, but it's nowhere near as powerful as the playstation. It's just a bit better than the Snes.
Thu 18/10/01 at 16:39
Regular
"[SE] Acetrooper"
I know you're a newbie, mate - but this has been done before so many times that I've inevitably lost count.

Good start, though :D
Thu 18/10/01 at 16:37
The new Gameboy Advance at £70-90 is quite expensive for a handheld console.But is it worth it? With 32 bit it is as powerful as a Playstation 1. Many games like Tony Hawks 2 and GT Advance championship shows the Gameboy Advance to be every bit as good as the Playstation 1. But games like GT championship and Jurassic park 3 do not do wonders for the Gameboy Advance's appearance.
So why is there this massive gap in quality of graphics and gameplay? The screen is much wider than the old Gameboy and Gameboy Colour and seems much clearer. The sound is ten times better than the tinny sound of the old Gameboy and Gameboy Colour.
You can also buy many cool add-ons like the FM radio and better speakers that plug into the bottom of the Gameboy Advance to make the sound even louder and clearer.
So what do you think, is the Gameboy Advance worth the money and is it as good as it is made out to be?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.