GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Dark Cloud... Any Good?"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 18/10/01 at 15:36
Regular
My wife has said that as I have been a good boy this week, i can have a new game!! I've already got Silent Hill 2 and Jax and Daxter on pre-order but wanted to know if Dark Cloud was any good as I'm looking for an RPG to pass the time while I wait for SH2!!

Is it worth buying?
Thu 18/10/01 at 15:36
Regular
"l33t cs50r"
My wife has said that as I have been a good boy this week, i can have a new game!! I've already got Silent Hill 2 and Jax and Daxter on pre-order but wanted to know if Dark Cloud was any good as I'm looking for an RPG to pass the time while I wait for SH2!!

Is it worth buying?
Thu 18/10/01 at 16:02
Regular
"say hello to parsle"
Dark Cloud is really good! I exchanged one of my old games for it, and I expected it to be rubbish but its ace!
It frustrating at times but its very rewarding. Get it!
Thu 18/10/01 at 16:21
Regular
"Bored, Bored, Bored"
I really like it as well. It is very Zelda like, so if you like that sort of thing then go for it. There's quite a bit to the game as well, plenty to keep you going.
Thu 18/10/01 at 16:39
I found it very tideous so I exchanged it for red faction good choice on my part I feel
Thu 18/10/01 at 18:13
Dark Cloud is a class game, and the best RPG on the PS2 at the moment. There are tonnes of weapons each of which can be upgraded and then built up into newer, stronger weapons. The plot isn't to bad, and the dungeons are a bit repetitive but that doesn't really matter, you'll be to interested in getting new weapons and upgrading them.

If you are still not sure, try hiring it out. It won't won't ruin the game as it is quite big. I have played it for 21 hours so far and I have still got quite a way to go.

It's up to you.
Thu 18/10/01 at 18:45
Regular
"Whatever!"
Im impressed with Dark Cloud - It may become a bit too repetitve after a while but its still a great game!! Especially the part where you play God!!
Thu 18/10/01 at 18:59
Ah, yes the part where you play god. An essential part of the game, and one of the best aspects. And if you manage to get everything in the right place as well as 100% complete, you get a gift. Ain't that nice of them.
Thu 18/10/01 at 19:06
Get FF9 instead but yeah its an Ok game.
Thu 18/10/01 at 19:06
Regular
"[SE] Acetrooper"
I'd of asked the same question, 'cause I'm just as interested as to how good this game is, too.

I might rent it out from Blockbusters, actually.#

Ooh, I like a good RPG!

SHOCKY
Thu 18/10/01 at 19:08
Oh yeah! How come your wife regulates that? shouldnt it be your mum?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.