GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Shenmue Series"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Shenmue 2'.
Fri 20/06/03 at 12:53
Regular
Whos heard of Shenmue?

It came out on dreamcast, hen came out on xbox. not many people know of this game.

If you have heard of it/ played it etc... what did you
think of it?
Sun 22/06/03 at 19:46
Regular
"Just Bog Standard.."
RM18 wrote:
> The Shenmue series is superb, and a third will be music to my ears -
> no other game out there has matched it in terms of epic scope and
> resonates on an emotional level like it.

Yea, I think I know what you mean there. That's like me with Vice City, I just love the atmosphere and the music and sunsets/rises, they do bring a certain emotional element to the game. It's like, yea, I'm glad I'm around to be experiencing this. Not many games can do that.
Sat 21/06/03 at 22:36
Regular
Completed the first 3 times which I have to say is my favourite game of all time. I have completed the second twice but although it improved on the original I will always prefer the first Shenmue game. Got a Dreamcast to play the Shenmue games and I am just hoping that they release Shenmue 3.
Sat 21/06/03 at 22:05
Regular
I never got a chance to play Shenmue 2, but made sure to complete the first. I want a DC, but I can't find one for cheap anywhere now. GAME had one for £19.99, but they sold out.
Sat 21/06/03 at 21:56
Regular
"joypadjunkies.com"
Hopefully the series will continue because of the amount of fans this game has. Apparently no one can say yet when the sequels will be released, lets just hope they don’t let the Shenmue fans down. There is nothing to suggest what Shenmue III has in store for anyone but a character which has a slight appearance in the previous 2 releases shows a girl, could we see her in Shenmue III.
a few months back xbox magazine were saying, sega are only going to release shenmue III, if the shenmue II sells well on the xbox <-- I can understand that, as I think shenmue II cost something stupid like $70M to make!
anyway, I also heard that if they make a shenmue III, they will include a Shenmue IV (DVD) to finish off the series,(you know like they did a dvd for xbox to watch then you play 2 then it might be you play 3 and then dvd to end.) I think if they do this, its better than waiting for the fourth series to come out, and then find out they are never going to release it.

well i hope that bit of info helps guys.
Sat 21/06/03 at 21:45
Regular
"Just Bog Standard.."
I've completed both Shenmue games on Dreamcast and I enjoyed every minute of both games. One of my favourite series', probably just second to GTA.

What I want/need to know is whether Shenmue 3 will be released or not, whichever format it's released on doesn't bother me, I just wanna see how the story concludes. Because the first 2 games are pretty pointless unless the 3rd game is released.

I've heard that it's supposed to be getting made into a short movie to conclude the story, but that's crap. I've been waiting a long time to get the chance to kick Lan Di's ass.
Sat 21/06/03 at 20:53
Regular
The Shenmue series is superb, and a third will be music to my ears - no other game out there has matched it in terms of epic scope and resonates on an emotional level like it.
Fri 20/06/03 at 16:57
Best game i have ever played, i completed it on DC in november and on the Xbox 2 days ago, only took me about 8 days to do it...
Fri 20/06/03 at 15:25
Regular
"QPR 1974"
WS - I sent the cash and game out today, recorded delivery. Should be there by tomorrow.

Oh and Kiryama... see below.
Fri 20/06/03 at 15:19
Regular
Sfonæ wrote:
> I think Whitestripes is a fan.

Yep, I'm a fan alright.

A fan of ramming the discs down the toilet and hiring a fat smelly bloke to crap on them.
Fri 20/06/03 at 15:18
Regular
"I am Riki Takeuchi!"
Sfonæ wrote:
> I think Whitestripes is a fan.

What makes you think that?

And who HASN'T heard of Shenmue? :D

I really hope it is re-released on a next-gen console.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.