GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Wii - Watch"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 07/04/07 at 03:47
Regular
No, I'm not picking a seat in the day-lounge at the old peoples' home. I'm considering buying a nintendo.

If anyone suddenly notices the Wiis are back in ready supply, could you please have a word here?

Constantly checking on it seems far too needy. I'm not even sure I want one.
Sun 15/04/07 at 16:00
Regular
MADNESS!!!!!!!!!
Sun 15/04/07 at 12:58
Regular
I'm probably happy to wait a year.

I have Batallion wars, Resi 4, PN03, Fire Emblem, MGS, and if I decide I can be bothered Metroid 2 and Kelly Slater to play through.
I'm also planning to get hold of Pikmin 2 and haven't really played much of Donkey Konga 2 or Jungle Beat.

The game playing habit broke before the game buying habit did :^S

I'm not playing much at all these days. I'm reading a lot and playing online poke-em instead. Maybe I'll buy TwiLight ( :^) ) on cube and miss the wii altogether.
Sun 15/04/07 at 10:22
Regular
PB is right. They are still going for £250 on E-bay so there is no way Nintendo will reduce the price for at least a year. Demand still far outstrips supply. I do however, believe that the Cube was the cheapest console on release at £160. The main difference is I spent the £160 on the cube and didn't feel satisfied until some of the more developed titles came out. I bough a Wii for £320 on ebay on the day of release and as soon as I played Zelda I felt satisfied. They are more than worth the money in my opinion esp if you can get one for under £250. You will not be disappointed.

They way to look at it is this. Wii has been released almost 6 months now and you still will be unable to get them in stores for months. The PS3 has been out a few weeks and they cant give them away and it is not just because of price. At £450 its only a hundred quid more than I payed for my Wii and I had the option to get one and had the money but its just a very sterile console. I gave it back.

The Wii is fun, innovative and has a ton of great games coming out for it. I truely believe that the Wii will be the best selling and most fun next Gen console.
Sat 14/04/07 at 13:21
Regular
"Peace Respect Punk"
Well, yeah. I know I'll be waiting a long time for a price drop. Nintendo have very little reason to drop the price at the moment, with plenty of demand for Wii and (seemingly) little demand for the PS3.

But I won't be paying full price for a Wii, especially since I'm reasonably tempted by a 360 as well. I could try for a 2nd hand one (once demand has gone down & supply up). At the moment I don't have time for either. I'm happy with my DS, and I've got a PSP that I practically never play (Xmas present) because it hardly has any games that aren't PS2 rehashes. I could sell the PSP in theory, but I feel kinda bad about it as it was an Xmas present... And you never know, some decent games might arrive for it.

I've heard things about another title in the Final Fantasy 7 franchise... I know they released some shooter on PS2, but I hear they're doing a proper RPG set in the FF7 universe for the PSP. Gotta be worth a look... Although might just sully the excellent name of FF7... I hope not.

Anyway, I'm sure I will get a Wii at some point, especially if they start releasing some more good updates of staple Ninty titles (F-Zero, Starfox, Wave Race, etc) along with those currently confirmed. But at the moment I have neither the time nor money.
Fri 13/04/07 at 21:44
"possibly impossible"
Price come down? Nintendo have just said they could have easily sold the thing for more money, they're unlikely to sell it for less, especially since it's the cheapest console ever (at launch, I believe).

£180 isn't much for a console these days. You'll be waiting until at least some time in 2008 for a price drop.
Fri 13/04/07 at 16:07
Regular
"Peace Respect Punk"
I don't know whether to get Zelda for the 'Cube (once my final exams/project are done) or wait until I eventually get a Wii and get the Wii version...

I'm sure I'll get a Wii eventually (Metroid Prime 3 beckons...) but I doubt it'll be until they've fallen significantly in price.

Although I have recently made a fair bit of dosh selling old toys that were up in the attic. But I'm still in lots of debt from Uni... Meh. So many variables. And I should be revising.
Fri 13/04/07 at 16:01
Regular
Ahw mah gawwwd.

I saw them in HMV today.
Well, I saw a sign out front that said they had 'limited stock' in.

I might see if the price comes down when they become more common. I think I'll get one eventually, but only when I've worked my way through the cube games I haven't ventured into yet.

That'll probably take years.
Fri 13/04/07 at 11:37
Regular
"@RichSmedley"
I've not seen any on sale round here, all the gaming shops and places like Woolworths etc have the games but they just have one Wii box that says out of stock.

I'd like to get one but paying for a wedding is expensive. Maybe I should put one on the gift list :D
Tue 10/04/07 at 18:09
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
They are floating around in little bunches. There were some in my local Argos at 4pm yesterday and so reserved one. Picked it up today. Very good so far.
Mon 09/04/07 at 22:53
Regular
"8==="
Meh it's b/c on the Wii anyway.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.