GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"ilink"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 17/10/01 at 23:17
Regular
Does anyone know if the hub for ilink is out yet? And is it true that you need different ilink cables to connect up to the hub?

If so, is there not another way to connect more than two PS2s together for network play?

Cheers.
Wed 17/10/01 at 23:17
Does anyone know if the hub for ilink is out yet? And is it true that you need different ilink cables to connect up to the hub?

If so, is there not another way to connect more than two PS2s together for network play?

Cheers.
Thu 18/10/01 at 08:30
Regular
"l33t cs50r"
Any Firewire (i-link) Hub will do, you can get them from most PC stores, but can be pricey.

To connect 2 PS2's together you use a 4pin - 4pin i-Link cable.

To connect more than 2 using a hub you need to use 4pin - 6pin i-link cables (6pin goes to the hub)

As far as I know, GT3 will allow you to link upto 6 machines for network play (6xPS2's 1x6 port hub, 6xCables and 6 TV's) and 3 for "single player stupidly wide screen!!"

I haven;t tried this yet as i haven't found a) enough TV's and b)enough PS2's as well as lacking the space for doing something like this. I have done 1-on-1 link up and that was fun..

Unreal Tournament is upto 6 too I think.

More games are coming, and there are probably loads already out there..
Thu 18/10/01 at 09:41
"High polygon count"
Tyla wrote:
> I have done 1-on-1 link up and that was fun..

But enough about your personal life...

Fri 19/10/01 at 00:26
Cheers. When you say pricey, what sort of price range are we talking about?

Is there not an official sony PS2 hub thingy out yet then? If not, is there going to be soon?

Sorry for all the questions, but it's something I'd like to invest in. This time next year, it's likely we'll have five PS2's between me and my mates. A huge PS2 i-link party would be incredibly cool - even if it does take up your entire house (maybe wait till parents are out!)

I mean, just imagine it... GT3 playing against human oponents, with a whole TV screen to yourself, or Unreal Tournament...

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.