GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Hospital"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 20/06/03 at 19:49
Regular
This is all going to come out in a bit of a jumble because I am really emotional right now.

I have just been told by my girlfriends brother that my girlfriend is in hospital. She's broken her leg and the bone has come right through the skin. She's being passing in and out of consciesness for quite some time.

I want to be there for her so much, it takes me about 8 hours to get the train down there and at 4am I won't be much use to anything. The thing is she wants to be a professional dancer, she dances every day and does shows etc, this injury could wreck everything for her. I feel so terrible that I cannot be there.

I know what a git I was yesterday, even considering cheating on her but this puts stuff into perspective. I love her so much. I know there is nothing anyone can do and I dunno why I am even posting this when all I want to do is board the nearest train to get there. If I didn't have a stupid exam left on monday I would.
Sat 21/06/03 at 14:10
Regular
"Z will be here soon"
Thanks a lot Very Metal & Mojo
Sat 21/06/03 at 13:25
Regular
"you've got a beard"
Kyz22 wrote:
> I reckon I probably am being punished by some greater power or
> something,

hmmm, she gets the broken leg and you think YOU'RE the one being punished??
;)

> and yeah I know I am probably a bad person who has a nice
> cosy torture rack in hell with my name on it.

don't beat yourself up over it dude, sometimes we need these things to add perspective to life.
Whoever said that the thought of cheating wouldn't have entered your head if you truly loved her is living in fantsy world. obviously it'd be great if that were the case, but it's not. we're all still just animals, all still prone to the primitive instincts that however many millions of years of evolution have needed to survive and it'll be a long, LONG time before they leave us as a species. what you felt was a fairly standard reaction to an odd situation, it may not make you feel great but that's just how it is for now. If anything, the fact that you felt remorseful about it says a lot about how you feel, unless you're just repenting out of guilt?

either way, good luck dude....
Sat 21/06/03 at 12:32
Regular
"That's right!"
It'll be right next to mine, Kyz... right next to mine.
Sat 21/06/03 at 10:48
Regular
"Z will be here soon"
MoJoJoJo wrote:
> I think God is punishing you. I'm sorry I can't be really sympathetic,
> but you DID put a lot of thought into cheating on your girlfriend. If
> you truly loved her, the thought wouldn't have even entered your
> head.
>
> On the other hand, I hope she gets better, and I hope you get to visit
> her as soon as possible. I'm sure she really wants to see you...
> because she's ignorant to the fact that you wanted to cheat on her.

The entire cheating thing was brought about because I got an offer from someone and I hadn't seen my girlfriend for quite some time. I haven't had a long distance relationship before and it is quite difficult to maintain a level of devotion from over 300 miles away. It takes something like this to put stuff into perspective.

I reckon I probably am being punished by some greater power or something, and yeah I know I am probably a bad person who has a nice cosy torture rack in hell with my name on it.
Sat 21/06/03 at 02:16
"I love yo... lamp."
Well Kyz that sucks. Hope shes better soon. Head down as soon as you can and you go in the good books.

I know the pain she must be going through, I had my arm broken and the bone break through the skin in several places. Bit on the sore side it was.
Sat 21/06/03 at 01:00
Regular
"The mighty GE90-115"
tigamilla wrote:
> You could have a bed race while your at it
*you're
Sat 21/06/03 at 00:59
Regular
"The mighty GE90-115"
You could have a bed race while your at it
Sat 21/06/03 at 00:58
Regular
"bit of a brain"
Steal a bed from the hospital.
Just don't think about the moral issues and you'll be fine.
Sat 21/06/03 at 00:54
Dude if you think that you should be there and you think that she would like you to be there, then go, i would, despite the time...
*if your going that far you may as well look at new beds*
Sat 21/06/03 at 00:28
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
That sounds nasty.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.