GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The XBOX is coming, The XBOX is coming!!"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 17/10/01 at 08:30
Regular
Taken from:
http://xbox.ign.com/news/39203.html

European Xbox Launch Date Announced
< Joy!! can't wait.. >

Microsoft plans to ship 1.5 million units within the first three months after the European launch.
< Which 3 months after the european launch? April - June, August - November... pick any series of 3 and we might have shipped 3 million by then!! >

October 16, 2001

< Wow... Yesterday.... Hang on... dam... that's the press release date!! >

March 14, 2002 is the day and our European gaming counterparts should mark that day with a big "X".

< Like hell we will!!, that's when I put a big "X" on my calendar to remind me to stay in bed!! >

The European Xbox will be priced at £299 pounds and the majority of the Xbox titles will be priced around £44.99 pounds...

< !!HOW MUCH!!... £299 for a glorified drinks holder, and £49.99 for PC titles blimey!!! >

"On March 14th the future of video games will be available to European gamers and their perception of gaming will change forever," said Sandy Duncan, Vice President, Xbox Europe.

< Really, Our perception of Microsoft might change, but as for out perception of Gaming, we'll always know that Sony and Nintendo are the best!! The only other thing to change will be our sudden realization that we have just spent £299 on a very expensive bookend, doorstop, offensive weapon... >

"Xbox games out-perform the competition and will deliver some of the most powerful gaming experiences ever, where the lines between fantasy and reality blur like never before. It's a great time to be a game player.

< How many times have we heard this?.. It's a shame that anyone has yet to see an actual XBOX title running!? "where the lines between fantasy and reality blur" the only thing to blurr here will be the console going out of the window after you switch it on and it asks for the correct drivers to be installed!! >

"Leading with an aggressive introductory price was important to us, since one of our goals with Xbox is to grow the market for video games," said Duncan. "At £299 Xbox is fantastic value for gamers.

< £299!! £299!!... Yeah right!! Spend the cash on something else, a hooker, your mum, anything but this!! >

Xbox is clearly more powerful than any other console, now or in the near future, and includes features, such as a built-in hard drive and broadband adapter, which other consoles only offer as expensive add-ons. The tremendous in-box value offered by Xbox will help grow the installed Xbox base more quickly.

< What's the point? Releasing a console with a BB adapter in this country is pointless, we don't have the infrastructure for BB!! and why get excited over an 8GB HD? So other forms may be selling them as "add on's" but at least they are optional. Gullible XBOX suckers are about to be sold a box full of bits they will probably never use in the UK!! Well worth £299!! >

So there you have it... The XBOX if finally coming to Europe. I can hear the screams of dispair from here!!
Wed 17/10/01 at 08:30
Regular
"l33t cs50r"
Taken from:
http://xbox.ign.com/news/39203.html

European Xbox Launch Date Announced
< Joy!! can't wait.. >

Microsoft plans to ship 1.5 million units within the first three months after the European launch.
< Which 3 months after the european launch? April - June, August - November... pick any series of 3 and we might have shipped 3 million by then!! >

October 16, 2001

< Wow... Yesterday.... Hang on... dam... that's the press release date!! >

March 14, 2002 is the day and our European gaming counterparts should mark that day with a big "X".

< Like hell we will!!, that's when I put a big "X" on my calendar to remind me to stay in bed!! >

The European Xbox will be priced at £299 pounds and the majority of the Xbox titles will be priced around £44.99 pounds...

< !!HOW MUCH!!... £299 for a glorified drinks holder, and £49.99 for PC titles blimey!!! >

"On March 14th the future of video games will be available to European gamers and their perception of gaming will change forever," said Sandy Duncan, Vice President, Xbox Europe.

< Really, Our perception of Microsoft might change, but as for out perception of Gaming, we'll always know that Sony and Nintendo are the best!! The only other thing to change will be our sudden realization that we have just spent £299 on a very expensive bookend, doorstop, offensive weapon... >

"Xbox games out-perform the competition and will deliver some of the most powerful gaming experiences ever, where the lines between fantasy and reality blur like never before. It's a great time to be a game player.

< How many times have we heard this?.. It's a shame that anyone has yet to see an actual XBOX title running!? "where the lines between fantasy and reality blur" the only thing to blurr here will be the console going out of the window after you switch it on and it asks for the correct drivers to be installed!! >

"Leading with an aggressive introductory price was important to us, since one of our goals with Xbox is to grow the market for video games," said Duncan. "At £299 Xbox is fantastic value for gamers.

< £299!! £299!!... Yeah right!! Spend the cash on something else, a hooker, your mum, anything but this!! >

Xbox is clearly more powerful than any other console, now or in the near future, and includes features, such as a built-in hard drive and broadband adapter, which other consoles only offer as expensive add-ons. The tremendous in-box value offered by Xbox will help grow the installed Xbox base more quickly.

< What's the point? Releasing a console with a BB adapter in this country is pointless, we don't have the infrastructure for BB!! and why get excited over an 8GB HD? So other forms may be selling them as "add on's" but at least they are optional. Gullible XBOX suckers are about to be sold a box full of bits they will probably never use in the UK!! Well worth £299!! >

So there you have it... The XBOX if finally coming to Europe. I can hear the screams of dispair from here!!
Wed 17/10/01 at 08:51
Regular
The posts are getting more and more unbiased by the day.

:-)
Wed 17/10/01 at 09:53
"High polygon count"
I'll stick with my PS2 and, quite probably, a Gamecube.

Thanks anyway, Mr Gates.
Wed 17/10/01 at 10:44
Regular
Never gonna be the topseller at £299.
Wed 17/10/01 at 10:45
Regular
OrÜega wrote:
> Never gonna be the topseller at £299.

Why not?

PS2 launched at £299, and had a lot less with it as well...
Wed 17/10/01 at 10:55
Regular
yes but the PS2 had a huge fan following from the PSone. YOu only have to look in the X-box forum to see how much people are interested in this. It only gets about 2 posts a day!
Wed 17/10/01 at 10:56
Regular
Looks like it will be out a week after the rumoured Gamecube release also.
Wed 17/10/01 at 11:13
Who cares?

GTA3 is coming.
Wed 17/10/01 at 11:27
Regular
"Back For Good"
£299 and £44.99 Bahahahaha thats microsoft for you, The console may be powerfull but it'll flop at that price and 8gb for the hard drive, we get a 40gb :-D

oh and MGSX doesn't exist and will never according to konami, so the xbox aint that great after all,horray.
Wed 17/10/01 at 11:37
Never thought they were great in the first place.

Bill should stick to what he does best...???

Whats that???

*Triple Rhys begins to think, slowly falls asleep*

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.