GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"What's Missing?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 16/10/01 at 23:09
Regular
Games today are good, but everyone knows they can be better. What you want to know is what's missing in games, that extra touch needed to make games perfect?! Alright, there are some games available that are near to perfection (Max Payne), but even that had something missing.

Games developers nowadays are putting a great amount of effort in most of their games created, but they need to add something extra to make their products a non-stop and hugely playable, after all that is want most game fanatics want. Nobody wants to buy a game and get bored of it in a couple of days, they want their purchase to be worth something!! I bought NBA Live 2001 and I was bored of it in a week because this game lacked the extra touch I will soon reveal.
Such a great game like Gran Turismo 3 even lacked some extra touches needed for perfection and I do believe that perfect games CAN be made! The only game right now that I can see being perfect is 'Metal Gear Solid: Sons of Liberty' coming for the PS2. Hideo Kojima (creator of Metal Gear Solid) and the rest of the development team at Konami, are putting a lot of visible effort and new features never seen before in action games. They have been making this game for a very long time now and are still making it now! From the demo I played, by purchasing Zone of the Enders, I could instantly tell that this game when fully produced was going to be THE best game, and a true classic. Everyone's going to remember this game in many years to come. Graphically, Sons of Liberty looks outstanding!! A lot of detail is included and the soldiers in the game react realistically and look like the real thing. Then there's Snake. The coolest undercover militant ever seen on a computer game. The gameplay on the demo didn't disappoint either. You can now activate a first-person view from 'Solid Snake' for maximum accuracy. These new, never-seen-before features make it much more exciting to play, and adds more interest and playability.
Metal Gear Solid: Sons of Liberty has every ingerdient needed for a perfect game of its genre. It has all the features needed for a great game, and all this is well-balanced. This is what I think is the ingredient for a perfect game. A good balance of features in the game, which includes graphics and gameplay, as well as new, playable and never-seen-before features. Most of the games available today lack this balance. They have some good features, but also a lot of bad features. Perfect games shouldn't have any bad features, they should have good, useful features that are well-balanced, not spoiling the plot.
Some people have their own taste in games and might not enjoy certain genres, but everyone is entitled to their own opinion. Still, I am sure many people would like to have such a perfect game like the upcoming Metal Gear Solid or even perfect games for their favourite genres. Hopefully, in the future, all game fanatics will have the chance to endulge in gaming perfection!!!
Wed 17/10/01 at 13:11
Whats the fuss about? perfectionists i see.
Wed 17/10/01 at 12:31
Regular
"It goes so quickly"
> Nobody wants to buy a game and get bored of it in a couple of days, they want their purchase to be worth something!!

Thats why places like blockbusters are so popular now, and why pirate games are more common, why pay £30 for a game you'll like for a few days..

... what I don't get is how can Films be on sale for £15 and games at £30, films must cose way more than games ... don' they?? (With the Ad's, actors, prop, etc)
Tue 16/10/01 at 23:09
Regular
"Being Ignorant"
Games today are good, but everyone knows they can be better. What you want to know is what's missing in games, that extra touch needed to make games perfect?! Alright, there are some games available that are near to perfection (Max Payne), but even that had something missing.

Games developers nowadays are putting a great amount of effort in most of their games created, but they need to add something extra to make their products a non-stop and hugely playable, after all that is want most game fanatics want. Nobody wants to buy a game and get bored of it in a couple of days, they want their purchase to be worth something!! I bought NBA Live 2001 and I was bored of it in a week because this game lacked the extra touch I will soon reveal.
Such a great game like Gran Turismo 3 even lacked some extra touches needed for perfection and I do believe that perfect games CAN be made! The only game right now that I can see being perfect is 'Metal Gear Solid: Sons of Liberty' coming for the PS2. Hideo Kojima (creator of Metal Gear Solid) and the rest of the development team at Konami, are putting a lot of visible effort and new features never seen before in action games. They have been making this game for a very long time now and are still making it now! From the demo I played, by purchasing Zone of the Enders, I could instantly tell that this game when fully produced was going to be THE best game, and a true classic. Everyone's going to remember this game in many years to come. Graphically, Sons of Liberty looks outstanding!! A lot of detail is included and the soldiers in the game react realistically and look like the real thing. Then there's Snake. The coolest undercover militant ever seen on a computer game. The gameplay on the demo didn't disappoint either. You can now activate a first-person view from 'Solid Snake' for maximum accuracy. These new, never-seen-before features make it much more exciting to play, and adds more interest and playability.
Metal Gear Solid: Sons of Liberty has every ingerdient needed for a perfect game of its genre. It has all the features needed for a great game, and all this is well-balanced. This is what I think is the ingredient for a perfect game. A good balance of features in the game, which includes graphics and gameplay, as well as new, playable and never-seen-before features. Most of the games available today lack this balance. They have some good features, but also a lot of bad features. Perfect games shouldn't have any bad features, they should have good, useful features that are well-balanced, not spoiling the plot.
Some people have their own taste in games and might not enjoy certain genres, but everyone is entitled to their own opinion. Still, I am sure many people would like to have such a perfect game like the upcoming Metal Gear Solid or even perfect games for their favourite genres. Hopefully, in the future, all game fanatics will have the chance to endulge in gaming perfection!!!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.